Feinwerkbau Rear Sight

Rachel

Guest Rowana

Rachel,

Do you happen to know if this sight will fit an Anschutz Match 54?

Our club was donated one last year by someone who was giving up shooting. Unfortunately it came withought a rear sight.

If it does fit, then we could be interested.

Regards

Jim

Guest Rowana

Thanks for the information, Rachel. I'll be at the club tomorrow night, so I'll ask if I can spend some of the club's money!

I'll let you know on Friday.

Regards

Jim

Guest Rowana

Sorry I never got back to you on Friday Rachel. Our treasurer has had a family bereavement so I never got it sorted out. Hopefully I'll see him tomorrow night.

Just a wee question. Is the eyepiece variable peepholes, or is it a variable aperture?

I'm not familiar with it at all.

Thanks

Jim.

Edited by Rowana

Guest Rowana

thats a standard peep - ie fixed that is on the photos

So in order to get variable apertures, we would need "something" else. Is that correct?

The next obvious question is; what do we need?

Bearing in mind that this is a club rifle for general use, perhaps we need a different rear sight altogether.

Thoughts?

Jim

Hi Jim

It's a fixed iris - just the standard one that comes with FWB sights. If you desperately wanted a variable iris with filters, polarisers, bells, whistles etc you'd have to source that elsewhere. However, irises with variable apertures etc will fit this rear sight - as far as I'm aware they're standard threads. To the best of my knowledge most new rear sights come with a standard aperture (or none at all) and irises are normally bought separately as they're more of a personal thing.

Cheers,

Rach

The sight is fine. The peep sight is fine. For the normal shooter the peep sight is great, its when an 'INDIVIDUAL' wants more adjustment or scope in what they can do with the rear sight.

For a club use, it is more than adequate. Most shooters would not be able to get the best from the many variable adjustments that can be had from some eye pieces. I am probably one of them!

Don't confuse the 'rear sight' with the 'peep sight or rear iris' as they are called. This is the part that screws into the rear of the rear sight and which you actually look through.

Jonty

Thanks for the replies folks. Our treasurer wasn't at the club on Monday night, but hopefully he'll be back on Thursday this week. I'll keep you posted.

Jim

Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I'm tearing out what little hair I have remaining ! ! ! ! ! !

I was at the club last night, and our treasurer and I were discussing your sight. I was showing him your pictures, and how it fitted a Match 54.

One of our members came over an said, "What's that, guys?"

"It's a rear sight for Eddie's (the guy who donated it) rifle. It needs a rear sight to get it into use for the club"

"Oh, I've got a spare Anschutz back sight that came off my old rifle!"

Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Now he tells us! We had discussed this rifle on quite a few occasions, but obviously the penny didn't drop!

Rachel, all I can do is sincerely apologise for wasting you time and effort, and hope you get it sold.

Regards

Jim

(scraping egg of face)

Edited by Rowana