Rink Or Steyr Grip For Lp10

acrybb

Hi,

I currently have an XL Steyr grip on my '08 LP10. I have trimmed around the top so that I can at least use it. I'm hitting lower mid 40s on a 5 shot card I feel I will benefit from a correct size grip. Going by a measuring guide online I would need a small Rink grip. I tried an early medium CM LP10 grip bit it was a little small my fingers over travelled round the front of the grip.

Taking the measurements from formgriffe:

87mm across knuckles which suggests small - medium
Convex (however not sure how to know which is best)
0 degrees
Normal volume

For Steyr:
Medium

I have been offered £75 for my current grip so if I can get a grip, preferably unshaved for similar money I could be happy to buy.

Thanks
Andy

Edited by acrybb

• 2 weeks later...

You are going to have to try holding a few guns before you can say what feels right - none of us can tell you what fits without physically being with you.

But - do you want to shoot well, or have a pretty gun?

If function is more important than form, don't worry about getting a cheap, mucked about with grip, and then adjusting it to fit with a dremmel and some filler - I strongly recommend Ronseal high performance two part filler, others will tell you to get Moroni paste (which I think is inferior even though it is five times the price). As a bonus, it comes in walnut colour and looks fairly natural from a distance. You can carve up your own grip, or put it aside should you ever want to sell the gun.

You will need some guidance to get it right, but basic principles are:

Get the back right first. Get an even comfortable fit across the heel and top of the grip

Better to remove high points than fill low points (most people make grips that are too bulky)

Then make the front so the middle pads on each finger line up centred on the front of the grip.

Don't forget the lower side of the top of the grip - close the gap to the top of the hand, but don't curve this downwards as this then breaks the rules - must be flat or curve upwards.

Lastly if you are cutting down and the wood is getting thin, put a finger on the inside as you dremmel and it it gets hot, it is getting thin.

You won't get it right first time - but after a few attempts you will have something better than you can buy off the shelf.

Hope this helps,

McT