Now Sorted Thanks- Firing Pin For Old Match 54 Bolt

jonty

Hi everyone,

I am posting this, because I know everyone, just everyone has one of these lying at the bottom of their kit bag.

I am seeking a firing ping for an old match 54 bolt. I have attached a picture of the offending item. I know its hard to see, but the engagement part on the pin has been ground away for it to fit some strange trigger. I have tried several different triggers, but none will engage as the metal has been removed from the pin.

Can anyone help or give constructive assistance in this matter.

Thanks

Jonty

Edited by jonty

A new firing pin should still be avilable from Anschutz. I know that Ruag UK have only recently taken over the importation of Anschutz from Frank Dyke, but they should be able to order you one if they do not have one in stock. It is only the 16xx series rifles that Anschutz nolonger make parts for. The older 14xx and later 18/19/20 series match rifles are all fully supported still. From the look of the bolt in the picture it is a 14 series bolt, so you should be OK.

Alan

Having worked with RUAG UK I shall say one thing - good luck!

The Anschutz catalogue only shows 19/20 firing pins and dry firing pins.

I may have a friend who knows a guy who's dogs uncle has a supply of these firing pins.

PM me.

A new firing pin should still be avilable from Anschutz. I know that Ruag UK have only recently taken over the importation of Anschutz from Frank Dyke, but they should be able to order you one if they do not have one in stock. It is only the 16xx series rifles that Anschutz nolonger make parts for. The older 14xx and later 18/19/20 series match rifles are all fully supported still. From the look of the bolt in the picture it is a 14 series bolt, so you should be OK.

Alan

Hi Al,

I think you may have missed the point. these forums are for people to help people in their sport or interest. The Buy and sell page is an invaluable media for people to obtain hard to find items. Im sure a few people will have the item I require, well I'd like to think so.

It is my understanding that RUAG only deal with the trade! I fail to see the economics in asking one gun dealer to order from another gunn dealer! If all else fails, then this might be the solution.

Hi Squishy,

Thank you for your helpful informative input, I will have to go to the Hospital now to have my sides sewn up.

Regards and still looking.

Jonty

Hi Jonty, try Fultons or Centre 10 (Gibbs) at Bisley these are the same two places I told Squishy when he was looking!!!!

Last year I was looking for a 16series dry firing pin but found it was easyer to buy a 19series barrel/action and get a dry firing pin for that..hope this is of some help to you cheers Mark

Edited by Ark Fitz

Thanks for that Mark,

I had thought someone would have had an old one kicking around. Im reluctant to buy a new one as it would more than double what the actions worth in my opinion.

Maybe some shooter is like the Michael Buble song, 'They just havent read it yet'. well something like that.

I have Tim 'Anschutz' Slater advising me on the project, so Im sure we will solve it.

Regards

Jonty