Mec Anti Pulse Sling

GaryD

You are correct Jonty and I was going to bid on it as it was due to finish at about 3 pm on Saturday.

Unfortunatly a member of the Rifle club and a fellow poster on this site who shall remain nameless, dragged me fighting and screaming to the local Supermarket Cafe for a full english breakfast and I missed it.

I hasten to add, I only had a sandwich.

Hi all,

I would like to buy a MEC Anti Puse sling, so if anyone wants to get rid of one for a sensible price, then I can find a good home for it.

If this is the same as the MEC adjustable sling currently under discussion in the TargetTalk forum, you might want to think again. Allegedly it is susceptible to breaking.

Hi all,

I would like to buy a MEC Anti Puse sling, so if anyone wants to get rid of one for a sensible price, then I can find a good home for it.

If this is the same as the MEC adjustable sling currently under discussion in the TargetTalk forum, you might want to think again. Allegedly it is susceptible to breaking.

It looks like it's the same one, thanks for letting me know.

Hi all,

I would dispute the claims that the MEC sling is prone to breaking. It is certainly true that the original models were made using a thinner fibre band and these often gave way over time. The new thicker bands are much more resilient and I haven't seen one break yet since they were introduced 2 to 3 years ago. This is despite some very heavy/ regular use by a number of different shooters all with varying degrees of tightness in their position.

It's true that they are fancy and some may even say complicated but don't write it off until you've tried it. You might be pleasantly surprised.... :P

Hi all,

I would dispute the claims that the MEC sling is prone to breaking. It is certainly true that the original models were made using a thinner fibre band and these often gave way over time. The new thicker bands are much more resilient and I haven't seen one break yet since they were introduced 2 to 3 years ago. This is despite some very heavy/ regular use by a number of different shooters all with varying degrees of tightness in their position.

It's true that they are fancy and some may even say complicated but don't write it off until you've tried it. You might be pleasantly surprised.... :P

That's reassuring. Obviously just buy new or fairly new in that case. I must say I was a bit surprised at the report(s) of breaking because these synthetic slings are incredibly tough, as I know from my own Kurt Thune middle of the road version.

I have quite a bit of MEC gear and always found it great, on the occasions when something has been amiss, when I have contacted MEC they have always sent me a replacement part F.O.C. can't say fairer than that. I would not hesitate in buying their products.

Jonty

I've known of one Kurt Thune ATL falling apart. Said shooter happened to be inbetween the 900 and 1200 yard point at Bisley... shame he didnt notice until he arrived at the latter!

Thanks for the comments regarding the reliability of the MEC sling, we have an Elite female shooter in our club at the moment and she said that with hers the ball bearings had come out. From where I dont know.

She has not had the sling for long but at her level it does get a lot of use.

She also said that although it was a good sling, it was not exactly cheap

I've got one and find it excellent, wth no real sign of wear.

I think the ball bearings would be the ones in the sling/handstop attachment. For some reason you have to screw in the knob to lock it rather than a push-button as found on other types. I've often thought when undoing it that if I unscrewed it too far, the balls might fall out!

I've got one and find it excellent, wth no real sign of wear.

I think the ball bearings would be the ones in the sling/handstop attachment. For some reason you have to screw in the knob to lock it rather than a push-button as found on other types. I've often thought when undoing it that if I unscrewed it too far, the balls might fall out!

I can confirm that, yes, the ball bearings DO fall out if you keep undoing that screw (it's easier than you think!)

It's happened to me once during a match, and a handful of times in training, and now it's just become part of my drill to make sure the screw is done up again fully after I undo it to release it. Hasn't happened since.

I can also add it is ALMOST impossible to get the BBs back in again, and a real pain in the a*se.

I told MEC about the problem, and asked what I could do to prevent it, and they sent me a new front part of the sling. As I eventually found the missing BB (it was in the turn up of my jeans...) I now always carry a spare in my kit bag :)

In short, great sling, just be careful when undoing it and ALWAYS do it up tight immediately after you release it from the handstop.