Wanted Anshutsz Rear Sight

slug33ukuk

You may be in for a wait, the 7002 does not come up for sale that often.

By the way, there is no 7020, that's the complete sight set of a 7002 Universal rearsight and 6832 foresight.

By the way, there is no 7020, that's the complete sight set of a 7002 Universal rearsight and 6832 foresight.

Correct. The set is called the 7020. The sight is called the 7002. There are two versions (left handed versions aside)... the 7002/10 which has 10 clicks per revolution and the 7002/20 which has 20. The sight changes the same amount per revolution, the 20 click version allowing less movement per click. 1mm per click for the 20, 2mm per click for the 10, @ 50m.

Info here

Correct. The set is called the 7020. The sight is called the 7002. There are two versions (left handed versions aside)... the 7002/10 which has 10 clicks per revolution and the 7002/20 which has 20. The sight changes the same amount per revolution, the 20 click version allowing less movement per click. 1mm per click for the 20, 2mm per click for the 10, @ 50m.

Info here

As a side note to this - Anschutz recently announced that they are discontinuing the supply of individual Left Handed 7002 rearsights. The only way they will be supplying them LH now is as the 7020 Set in 20 Click only. This is simply due to lack of demand for the LH 7002.

However, they can be converted from 20 Click to 10 Click (and vice versa) fairly easily and a helpful dealer might also be able to split a set so they only supply the rearsight if absolutely necessary. Although they will no longer be available like this as standard.

Really don't get Anschutz marketing, they don't sell rifles with sights as people may want to put a different sight on, Anschutz reply to question as why at Bisley, now there's little demand for LH sights so we will only sell them in sets with the foresight.

That will be the set that should have come with the rifle in the first place then ;)

Edited by Coiln

Yes, but which sights should they put with it? The canting or non-canting? Theres a fair difference in price between the two models, so do they really want to add that cost to the rifle.

The feinwerkbau is ready to use out of the box, which is great. Though I know a fair few people who have had problems with the sights.

I think it's better that Anschutz don't include the sights. Of course it depends on whether you feel you should be getting sights included for the same price (we'd all take that), but assuming that you'd just pay more for a rifle with sights, then I'd rather have the option of buying the sights separately. I wanted a Centra rear sight so it suited me. Otherwise I'd have had to sell the Anschutz sight, but if all rifles are sold with sights who wouold I have sold it to....?!

I guess the best option would be the possibility of getting a discount on the sights if you buy a rifle and the sights together.

Ibut if all rifles are sold with sights who wouold I have sold it to.

To someone who wants a dedicated rearsight for 100yd shooting!

When it comes to things like including a rear sight with a rifle it depends on when in your shooting career you are. If it is a first rifle, well yes you are most likely to want it to come with sights. That is also when you are most likely to accept a "basic" sight unit. If you have been shooting for a number of years then there is a good chance that when it comes to sights you are actually going to know just what you want, and that may very well not be the basic unit that comes with many rifles these days. I seem to remember that the club FWB P 700 that Roise started with did not seem that well made, but having just looked at the Walther basic unit from a LG 300 that is actually very well made. The thing is though that for many years Anschutz included as standard with the majority of their rifles what many considered to be one of the best rear sight units that money could buy. This is not necessarily a good idea from a business stand point if you also sell the sights. Given the choice between dropping the sights, or starting to put an inferior product in I think from a PR view they took the right choice. Can you imagine the outcry if they had taken the other option?

Now of course you are probably going to get a good deal from a dealer if you buy a rifle along with a set of sights. Now for a new shooter that can leave them open to getting what the dealer wants to sell them, but as target shooters (at least in the UK) HAVE to belong to a suitable club they should be getting good advice from the other members over what is good or not.

Alan

• 1 month later...

have you found any sights yet. I've a full set of anschutz 7020 which is front and rear sights for sale inc iris front and rear.

• 2 months later...