Yet Another Leftie In Need Of A Rifle...

dprees

I foolishly sold my Anschutz 1813L to a school, a few years back, when I stopped shooting .22 target rifle. Now I'd like to get back into the sport, and need something similar, or newer. Sadly, my local club does not have anything left-handed I can use until I find my own rifle, so my need is urgent!

I have an FAC, with a slot open for a single shot .22, and am happy to travel if necessary to pick up the right rifle. Does anyone have something suitable they wish to sell, or know anyone who does?

David.

EDIT: Gave up looking a while back. Thanks to all who offered advice.

Edited by dprees

• 4 months later...

Hi David,

I have a left handed Centre 10 that has been in the cupboard unused for too long if that might be of interest.

It is a Centre 10 Left Handed Free Rifle, Wooden laminate stock with alternating walnut and beech laminate, stainless steel barrel and stainless steel flat bottomed action. Anschutz trigger. Rotating foresight mount for 50/100 swap over. Stock has been modified from standard C10 both to slim the fore-end ( could do with re-finishing where the varnish had to come off to slim it down), and to accept an HPS butt plate (not included, original C10 butt plate currently fitted). Standard Anschutz fore sight, Freeland hand stop, but no rearsight it is rare but very good rifle.

PM me if of interest and I will take some photos.

Cheers Tim

Tim,

Thanks for responding to my plea. I'm afraid I'm not sure what a Centre 10 free rifle is, and a qucik Google did not find any references. I have the feeling, though, that it may not be quite the thing for a club-level shooter who is likely only to shoot prone. Feel free to advise!

David.

Centre-10 was a British bolt-action rifle made in the '90s. I think by John Sims and Graham Haworth. The rifle had a cast stainless steel receiver; the bolt was mechanically similar to Anschutz/Walther/FWB, but not identical. Trigger was an Anschutz two-stage, as used on the 1813, and 1913. Border or Shilen stainless steel barrels were fitted.

David, Robin Law has one of these (albeit right-handed) so might be able to let you see it sometime at the Alloa club?

Tim -- thanks for the explanation re Centre 10 rifles.

Mac -- good suggestion; I'll ask Robin if he will allow me to take a look at his rifle -- I presume he's shooting on the outdoor range now at Alloa, so that's likely a good place to see him.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...