Want To Buy Or Trade-Gemini-Now Got A Pair Thank You

jonty

The Gemini system is particularly useful to the smaller shooter as the distance from trigger to butt plate can be made the shortest of possibly any stock on the market.

The previous owner of my butt plate has shortened the carrier rods (as seen in the photo) by I believe about 20mm to assist this feature.

I am however 6ft tall and find that the butt plate will not extend out far enough for me. I have utilised some spacers to achieve some length.

I am seeking a pair of second hand standard length rods for my butt plate and will buy or trade my rods against them plus cash.

If you have any,or know someone who has, please send me a PM. I would like to think we could find some mutual agreement.

Thank you for looking.

Jonty

post-747-0-06815100-1358437554_thumb.jpg

Thank you to all who replied. I have now got a set of rods and fitted them.

Regards

Jonty

Edited by jonty

Im 6'2" and have it in as far as it can go! Length isn't everything you know! ;)

Sam,

you're too young to remember the débâcle that was the Walther bolt thread, but I think this could be it's son.

Well, my ultra butt is all the way in... and i was set up by the guy who built it! thats all im saying....

While im here the whole thing about whilst holding the pistol grip and making the butt touch your elbow allegedly originates from issuing Lee Enfields to soldiers for drill purposes.. anyone shed any light on this?

While im here the whole thing about whilst holding the pistol grip and making the butt touch your elbow allegedly originates from issuing Lee Enfields to soldiers for drill purposes.. anyone shed any light on this?

A very good guide to setting the butt length for standing, not useful for anything else.

Rutty

Im 6'2" and have it in as far as it can go! Length isn't everything you know! ;)

Ive always said Ive never heard of the man who wants it shortening, but clearly some do.

Could it be Sam, that although 6' 2" you may have arms like Ellie Simmonds.

Incidentally, Im still looking for two rods, as we seem to have been distracted.

Jonty

Ive always said Ive never heard of the man who wants it shortening, but clearly some do.

Could it be Sam, that although 6' 2" you may have arms like Ellie Simmonds.

Incidentally, Im still looking for two rods, as we seem to have been distracted.

Jonty

Firstly, in case she's watching this thread. apologies to Ellie Simmonds for comparing her to Squishy.

Secondly,there is no truth in the rumour that Yorkshiremen have short arms to prevent them reaching the bottom of their pockets!

I have tried to shoot with the rods as they are and withoit the spacers, but the bolt kept going up my nose and me cheek seemed to rest on the action.

Jonty