Kowa Angled Spotting Scope

GaryD

I am looking for some advice as to what a friend of mine who wants to put his Kowa Angled Scope up

for sale on E Bay can expect for it.

It is in good condition as it has been kept in a sheepskin cover since new.

Any advice to what it's worth would be appreciated, he thinks it is a TS 1, but cannot be sure.

post-2276-0-60620400-1336323303_thumb.jpg

Guest jojo

Hi,

I think it's either TS1 or TS2 I never know, one is angled and the other isn't. We still have one of these, they are amazing for their age. You can identify these old scopes by the signs on the plastic ring holding the front lens. I might be completely off, but I believe I've seen one recently going for between 50-75 pounds. It might be worth trying to do some google magic tricks looking e-bay items that already sold.

I's a TS1 I've just paid £50 for one. And they are excelent optics, I've had a straight one, the TS2 for 40 years and jumped at the angled one when it came up. They were suplied body only £79.50 in 1980, with choice of eyepieces from 15X, 20X, 25x, 40X, 60X, 25X -50X zoom at extra cost from £17.30 to £36.25 all prices plus Vat! Mine are both 25X. I know prices as I got a page out of a 1980 Guns review with mine!

Robin

Thanks Robin,

Someone spotted (excuse the pun) my post and contacted me, so thanks to this site I have already sold it on behalf of my friend.

So it saves me having to advertise it on E-bay.

Thanks to everyone for the help.