New Forum Lay Out

Jamiehodgson

I too like the new layout, much easier to see where the new posts are, and seems faster to load. Haven't tried on my phone yet so I'm wondering if that interface looks any different.

Rob.

I too like the new layout, much easier to see where the new posts are, and seems faster to load. Haven't tried on my phone yet so I'm wondering if that interface looks any different.

Rob.

Rob, are you an iPhone/Android/Blackberry user?

There are some apps out there for mobiles ;)

Sorry to spoil the love-in, but I have an issue:

I log in, I hit View New Content, get the list of topics I haven't viewed depending on the option I select, I click on one and it only shows me the first post in that thread. The old system took me to the first post within the thread I have not viewed, which is what I really want to see. Post #1 might be months or years old - I don't want to see that again, thanks. I now have to navigate manually to my first unread post, perhaps to a different page, scrolling up and down to find the last one I did read, or look for the first 'Today' or 'Yesterday' post or whenever depending on when I was last in, and carry on from there. If it's a hot topic there might even be two or three pages to sift through before finding my place. Back to the way it was, please!

If there is indeed an option to enable me to go directly to my first unread post as opposed to just opening the thread at Post #1 I'd be grateful if someone could point it out to me. Cookies?

Also, the English Dictionary add-on in my Firefox browser doesn't work here any more - is that Firefox (v10.0.2) or the Forum?

Edited by Bill

Always one .. Spoil sport ;)

Sorry Bill, it's not going back I'm afraid :P

forum_new_posts.png

Click on "View New Content"

Then, filter on the left hand side however you wish.

Hover over the row you wish to read and you will see a little down arrow inside a black circle. Click on it and a preview of the posts will drop down.

Now it tells you at the bottom of the preview exactly how many posts you have NOT read and you can "View latest unread"

FAR better than what we had before :P

forum_new_posts.png

As for a Firefox dictionary, it appears it's a CKEditor issue.

CKEditor is what comes up whenever you reply and is not specific to the forum but used by many websites/Content Management Solutions these days.

Simply right-click, Languages and choose your language... job done!

Sorry Bill, it's not going back I'm afraid :P

Neil, I wasn't trying to suggest for a minute that the whole thing should go back to the previous version, only that I wanted that facility back. You have explained how to do it, and that's wonderful. Thanks.