Wanted: Air Rifle

Constantine

Hi all,

I'm after an air rifle - 6ft.lbs or 12ft.lbs it doesn't matter, but I'd prefer a 12ft.lbs as I would like to have it as a general purpose gun. I used to have a wood stocked 12ft.lbs Anschutz 2025 with adjustable everything and a 5065 trigger - something like that would be perfect - but I have nothing against an alloy stock. A high shot count is a must as I don't have a bottle to charge it from. Ideally, I'd like it to be able to mount a scope, but to have front dovetails as well. If it's an Air Arms, I already have a million adapters for the front dovetails (15mm I/D).

WHYG?

Thanks in advance

When you say General purpose, what sort of purposes are you thinking of?

3 position AR

FT

HFT

Hunting

When you say General purpose, what sort of purposes are you thinking of?

3 position AR

FT

HFT

Hunting

If I had to pick 2 of those, it'd be 3P (as I'm coaching again) and HFT (since I found a local club and quite think I'd get into it). Why do you ask?

I just wondered as a rifle suitable for HFT and/or hunting wouldn't necessarily be up to spec or have a suitable stock shape for producing decent 3p scores, and vice-versa.

I just wondered as a rifle suitable for HFT and/or hunting wouldn't necessarily be up to spec or have a suitable stock shape for producing decent 3p scores, and vice-versa.

Yeah, I appreciate that - I was thinking something with a removable palm shelf would be ideal. I would prefer it to be closer to a 3P rifle than a HFT one in that respect, but I thought most rifles with a wedge shape or stock attachments would be suitable. I would be doing 80% of my shooting indoors at 10m.