Foresight Perspex Elements - 25Mm

Guest Greg E

Guest Greg E

I believe the foresight I have recent acquired is by Andrew Tucker and has a diameter of 25mm.

I'm interested in buying Perspex or other foresight elements of this size.

Any out there??

Regards

Back in the 60's & 70's A number of shooters in my club used to use these size foreights, Al Freeland & Andrew Tucker were the main suppliers. They have been out of fashion for a long time so there are both foresight bodies & elements lying unused in various drawers/cupboards @ the club.

If you can let me know what sizes you are looking for I can look to see what is available. Some (the Freeland ones) were sized in fracions of an inch & others in the metric sizes we are more used to using today, we have a conversion chart @ the club so whichever method you use there should not be any problems in that area. If we can find what you need I doubt if any money will need to change hands & postage will be peanuts!

If we can't find the sizes you want then the NSRA have a number of them in different colours (I think not many in clear) but as they are so rarely asked for they are not on the stock list & are not displayed in the shop. They are kept in the store room @ the back of the shop.

Guest Greg E

Hi

That's just great. I've measured up using a pair of pretty good metric/imperial calipers : the diameter of the existing element is 25mm or 1 inch.

the aperture is 3mm or 1/8 inch with a bevel from front to back, the rear aperture measures at 5mm or 3/16th inch.

It's v.poorly marked with what looks like 33...so perhaps it's 3.3 just can't make out anything obvious, it's clearly been done by hand.

I'm not too sure exactly what aperture size I'm looking for...I'm trying to get a feel for the benefits of a smaller or larger aperture in the fornt sight.

So if you can find anything a bit bigger and a bit smaller that would go someway to helping....and I'd be most grateful.

Edited by Greg E

Thanks Ping....it's amazing what you can't find on Google ;-)

Your welcome.

Neil is a top chap and will doubtless be able to make up smaller sizes if that is what you decide to go for.

ATB