Old Anschutz Match 54 For Sale

Guest Glennw

Guest Glennw

Old match 54 for sale to make room in my cabinet for my new rifle. Ideal plinker / club or field rifle / first .22. 69cm heavy barrel, good bore and shoots straight. In fair condition given its age, which is reflected in the price. I am looking for around £150 ono, an aluminium anschutz handstop (profiled for a right handed shooter) and old bipod are included as well as front and rear sights. The adjustable plastic buttplate is functional but has been reshaped very slightly on the face. I would also consider selling the barrel and action seperately - make me an offer! The rifle is in Lincolnshire.

Guest Glennw

Hi my club is looking to add/upgrade its collection of club rifles can you supply more info model age etc ... maybe a photo? cheers sean

Hi

The serial number is 15358 from which I gather you can determine age. I am having trouble uploading photos to the reply as an error message keeps appearing to say the file is too big. I will keep trying and hopefully overcome the problem later tonight.

Glenn

A 15,000 serial number is early, probably built 40 years ago give or take a year or two. The Ulm proof house didn't start to include the year in the proof marks until about 1961, which makes dating early rifles that bit harder.

Guest Rowana

Hi my club is looking to add/upgrade its collection of club rifles can you supply more info model age etc ... maybe a photo? cheers sean

44mag,

Would your club have a left-hand rifle that you want to dispose of? We are looking for one - BSA Martini International Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 or similar.

Jim

Guest Glennw

Due to the need for space I have now decided to break the rifle and sell what parts I can seperately. The barrel and action are now to be scrapped and the rifle is therefore no longer for sale.

kn

44mag,

Would your club have a left-hand rifle that you want to dispose of? We are looking for one - BSA Martini International Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 or similar.

Jim

Hi Jim sorry but we dont have one available. in a club of around 25 members 8 of them are left handed !! The best place to find them is the scotarms auction. plenty of quality target firearms pass through here at prices that are more inline with reality rather than what a shooter 'thinks' they are worth eg. a club member just bought a late model 1813 supermatch lefthanded for less than £250 and yes its was mint and it shoots! i picked up a left handed international Mk111 for less than £100. plenty of decent fullbore firearms pass through there too along with the usuall militaria.

regards

sean

Guest Rowana

kn

44mag,

Jim

Hi Jim sorry but we dont have one available. in a club of around 25 members 8 of them are left handed !! The best place to find them is the scotarms auction. plenty of quality target firearms pass through here at prices that are more inline with reality rather than what a shooter 'thinks' they are worth eg. a club member just bought a late model 1813 supermatch lefthanded for less than £250 and yes its was mint and it shoots! i picked up a left handed international Mk111 for less than £100. plenty of decent fullbore firearms pass through there too along with the usuall militaria.

regards

sean

Thanks for that info Sean. I'll give them a try and see what comes up. Left-handed target rifles seem to be like hen's teeth, certainly here abouts.

Regards

Jim

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Rowana

If you are still looking for a left hand BSA, then I have one to dispose of, its a MK3, very clean and complete with sights etc.

David

That sounds just what we're looking for. It's actually for a young lad who has just joined the club this year and unfortunately we don't have any left-hand guns in the club, so he's been using a real old BSA 1215 which is not ideal.

How much would you be wanting for it?

Where about are you, and any chance you could post some pictures?

Jim

• 1 month later...

If you are still looking for a left hand BSA, then I have one to dispose of, its a MK3, very clean and complete with sights etc.

David

That sounds just what we're looking for. It's actually for a young lad who has just joined the club this year and unfortunately we don't have any left-hand guns in the club, so he's been using a real old BSA 1215 which is not ideal.

Jim

Jim if you can e-mail me please urkers@aol.com I will send you photos etc, tried adding them here but no joy.

Guest Rowana

David

Jim

Jim if you can e-mail me please urkers@aol.com I will send you photos etc, tried adding them here but no joy.

David,

Sent you an email. Did you receive it??

Jim