For Sale Fwb 2700 (Amazing Barrel)

FWB 2700 blue amazing barrel, when I tested at Eley, Martin said it equalled the range record. When I find the test sheets I'll put them up. £2000 is the price due to the quality of the barrel and light use.

Edited by Chris Hector

Ammo that produced the high score at the Eley testing range, Tenex EPS, available at £133 per thousand. Not sure how much I have, but will post when I've counted it.

I've dug the results out but my scanner has packed up, hopefully load them tomorrow from work. The test was done on the 28/04/2009, the best score was 426.1 x 400 from batch 1009-04099, the four ten shot group sizes were 14.6, 13.0, 12.5, 13.3 for an average of 13.4. The centered group size for all 40 shots was 15.2mm. Nothing below a 10.3 was recorded. The ammo was speed rated 1071 ft/sec. If you look at the customer range page on the Eley website you will see that 426.1 did equal the range record at the time, held by Raymond Debevec's barrel. His group size is better than mine. That record has since been beaten. But you do have the opportunity of posessing the 3rd best barrel that has been through Eley's testing facility.

I do have 2,986 rounds of that batch left which are availabe to purchase at £133 per thousand, i.e £397 for the lot

Hi Chris

A few questions for you:-

How old and how many rounds through the barrel?? Your asking price is quite high compared to a new one hence the questions.

What all is included with the rifle?? (sights, handstops, elements, butt plates, filters/polarisers, handshelf(s), rifle case, etc)

What's the grip size? (I believe there are 3 choices from new.)

Is it yours?? Are you completely packing up?? What's the reason for parting with it??

Cheers for now.

Sink

Hi Chris

A few questions for you:-

How old and how many rounds through the barrel?? Your asking price is quite high compared to a new one hence the questions.

What all is included with the rifle?? (sights, handstops, elements, butt plates, filters/polarisers, handshelf(s), rifle case, etc)

What's the grip size? (I believe there are 3 choices from new.)

Is it yours?? Are you completely packing up?? What's the reason for parting with it??

Cheers for now.

Sink

Hi Sink

thought I would answer those as straight forwardly as I can.

Less than 5,000 rounds through the barrel.

FWB sights the gun came with, hanstop it came with, no elements, Butt plate it came with, no filters or polariser, palmshelf it came with, factory packing box, no rifle case.

Medium grip size

Yes its mine

Yes I've packed up completely.

I'm parting with it because I've packed up completely.

Sorry for the direct answers.

Cheers

Chris

I missed one how old, its a 2006 but very lightly used. The high price is because the barrel is excellent, the third best Eley have seen since they had their testing software. Plus its hardly been used.

Edited by Chris Hector

Hi Chris

Direct answers are absolutely fine... I'm asking on behalf of someone else so I'll let you know. Being honest I still think it's a bit steep but as you say good barrel. Cheers for now...

Sink

They can always buy a new one for another £570 (Edinkillie website),and take a gamble on the quality of the barrel. The third best barrel Eley have seen, which is nearly new, must have some value to it. If the accuracey isn't so important then it would probably be wise to get something cheaper. It's a choice people are free to make.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

I am currently looking for a replacement target rifle and have been looking at Anschutz models as in my last club that's all anyone shot. I know little about the Feinwerkbau.

I presume we are talking about an alloy stock here although I think they might make wooden stocks as well.

If it's still for sale I could be interested but I would never buy a rifle unseen. Will be in the London area next week and could arrange to call.

regards,

John

Hi Chris,

I am currently looking for a replacement target rifle and have been looking at Anschutz models as in my last club that's all anyone shot. I know little about the Feinwerkbau.

I presume we are talking about an alloy stock here although I think they might make wooden stocks as well.

If it's still for sale I could be interested but I would never buy a rifle unseen. Will be in the London area next week and could arrange to call.

regards,

John

Sorry for the slow reply, just got back from holiday. If you want to look at the rifle, I would be happy to meet up.