Lots Of Club Rifles!

Jamiehodgson

We have around 25ish rifles for sale as our club is no longer able to run.

I will update this post with exact numbers and models etc, but just wanted to see the interest.

If there is any interest please leave a wee message or something

Cheers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have around 25ish rifles for sale as our club is no longer able to run.

I will update this post with exact numbers and models etc, but just wanted to see the interest.

If there is any interest please leave a wee message or something

Cheers

What's up? Have you lost your range?

Try contacting the NRA or NSRA for alternatives.

As I recall, the Heriot Watt Uni club is no more, as the membership dropped below the level deemed worthy of support by the AU.

I could ask at my clubs, let me have a list of guns available, sorry to hear about your club closing, very sad

Thanks Bruce, The club is Heriot Watt and the reason is due the lack of members and not being able to recruit and maintain a committee and University changes mean that money is an issue aswell. Sad times :(

I will be in talks will the other chaps and will have a full list posted of rifles, jackets etc which would be for sale. I'll be at bisley too if anyone wants to talk...Ill be the one holding the Earl Roberts at the end of the week! ;)

Cheers again

Our club is not well off for lighter-weight rifles, as a result our juniors and new-starts suffer.

I am sure clach would be very interested in anything at the smaller/lighter end of the scale.

What sort of time-frame are you on? Is this a permanent sale, or are you looking for "long term loan" should the club reform?

I'm really sorry to hear about that Jamie. SUS won't be the same without you guys :-(

I'm sure Aberdeen Uni would be interested if they have enough money...if memory serves, they could really use a simple left-handed rifle (ideally a small one)!

Guest ilovemybed

Just pondering - where will the money go? Are you responsible to the Athletic Union to get a decent return?

Cause if no-one is really scrutinising the sale, perhaps a donation of kit to other uni clubs, maybe on a long loan, would be a good idea?

I seem to remember Stirling Uni being in a similar boat after the union removed endorsement - perhaps someone a little older and wiser than me can recount the story?

Sadly the Sports Union are pretty ruthless...Any money taken from selling of kit gets sucked up and put into other sports. I would have happily donated or loaned out rifles to other clubs and unis as it would make no difference to me ;) One good thing is that we sell at our discretion, meaning that we can sell them cheap and give the buyers great deals.

Having recently joined a club and started actively shooting, I'm on the lookout for a jacket, glove, sling, mat, scope etc. (basically everything but a rifle!) for me, and also any smaller-size gear that might be available for my ATC squadron (where I teach marksmanship). We have a couple of jackets but they are so large that you could probably get 2 cadets in each one!

I'm not sure how the sqn funds stand, but if you have anything suitable, let me know what sort of prices you're looking at an I'll see what we can afford.