10Mm Sight Raiser Blocks - Anschutz 1913

tim s

For sale, 10mm aluminium raiser blocks to fit Anschutz 1913. Made by Alcraft in Wales I think. Rear block has been used, foresight block has not (I'm a cretin and forgot to check it would fit my 1613!).

Looking for £20 o.n.o. Will take cheque, or cash if transaction is in person.

I'm in Somerset, as are the blocks. Photos on request.

Tim

For sale, 10mm aluminium raiser blocks to fit Anschutz 1913. Made by Alcraft in Wales I think. Rear block has been used, foresight block has not (I'm a cretin and forgot to check it would fit my 1613!).

Looking for £20 o.n.o. Will take cheque, or cash if transaction is in person.

I'm in Somerset, as are the blocks. Photos on request.

Tim

Tim,

If they will fit a 1411 (which I think are the same fittings as a 1913) I'll take them, as I've been wanting to experiment with a higher position.

Thanks, Geoff

My 1411 has V blocks on the barrel and also a dovetail cut into the Match 54 action - which according to the Anschutz website is the same action as on the 1911.

Geoff

Hi McDonald,

The integral dovetail on the receiver is standard on all models, but the method of attaching the foresight changed with the introduction of the 1911. If you have a 1411 you will have a detachable block (secured by screws) to mount the foresight. On the 1911 the foresight dovetail was machine onto the barrel in a similar manner to the receiver dovetail. Now you can probably guess the next bit, you cannot fit a 1411 foresight to a 1911 as the dovetails are different! As the foresight riser in question is 3rd party item, your guess is as good as mine what it might or might not fit. But if it was made for an integral dovetail it is unlikely to fit the earlier version.

Rutty

McDonald,

further to Rutty, the blocks will not fit a 1411. This is why the foresight block is unused, as it will not fit pre-1900 barrel mountings (i.e. 1407, 1410, 1411, 1413, 1607, 1610, 1611, 1613, 1807, 1810, 1811, and 1813 rifles).

However I do also have a pair of Anschutz 8mm blocks that will fit a 1411. Used condition, slight scuffs on the foresight block (very tight fit on my Nesom tube). Looking for £20, same conditions as the 1913 10mm blocks.

Tim