Walther Cpm1 Pistol **sold**

Rutland Shooter

This Item is now Sold

Walther CPM1 CO2 pistol

3051378246_ea03fbc49b.jpg

The pistol is almost unblemished and in excellent condition. It comes in its original box along with the maker’s manual, spare cylinder, filling connector, pressure relief nipple, tools and cleaning kit.

Close up photos available

Price £400.00 + actual delivery cost.

Whilst it is not my intention to conduct an auction for this item; due to the circumstances of its being offered for sale; should it attract multiple offers to purchase within a short timescale then I reserve the right to invite prospective buyers to make a further “best and final” offer.

Rutty

What are the pros and cons of CO2 versus pcp?

It is a bit more fiddly than compressed air and it is supposed to be somewhat temperature sensitive resulting in velocity fluctuations. The latter is probably true if you are talking extreme and very variable temperatures but in Northern Europe it is unlikely to be apparent. The World Record is still held by a shooter using a CO2 pistol, so I suppose that says something.

The attraction of compressed air is its easy availabilty, however CO2 is not difficult to obtain. The main difference in handling the two gases is that whilst the compressed air charge is measured by pressure, CO2 charge is measured by weight (compressed CO2 is of course a liquid). For this reason it is advisable to weigh the CO2 cylinder before and after filling to determine the weight of propellant and have an idea of the number of shots available. The CPM1 manual states that a fully charged cylinder should be sufficient for 180 shots.

With the advent of pre-charged compressed air guns, manufacturers quickly changed over and AFAIK there are no bulk CO2 guns currently in production. Hence this pistol is for sale at what I regard as a reasonable price, if it was a compressed air gun in similar condition the asking price would be 20-30% more.

When I first started looking at pre-charged pistols CO2 was the norm, but when I got round to buying one compressed air had taken over. I had observed a number of club members with CO2 pistols that they operated without difficulty and I would have had no qualms about owning one, in fact I do have a 5 shot Brno B96.

Rutty

When you say CO2 is not difficult to obtain, what exactly is the procedure? Does one have one's own cylinder and take/send it somewhere to get filled up, or just throw it away and buy a new one (similar to sparklet canisters) when it runs out?

If they get recharged, what sort of place would do that?

Or is there some kind of exchange system like for big propane or butane cylinders where you buy your first one then swap it for a full one, only paying for the gas inside?

Edited by Bill

Or is there some kind of exchange system like for big propane or butane cylinders where you buy your first one then swap it for a full one, only paying for the gas inside?

That's the normal system, all the pubs use CO2 and their suppliers are a good port of call. The home brew suppliers also stock CO2 for their clients.

Our club has a CO2 cylinder that we acquired and have replaced via a local pub.

Rutty

When you say CO2 is not difficult to obtain, what exactly is the procedure? Does one have one's own cylinder and take/send it somewhere to get filled up, or just throw it away and buy a new one (similar to sparklet canisters) when it runs out?

If they get recharged, what sort of place would do that?

You can buy CO2 in Sainsburys,the 290 gm Soda Stream cylinders cost£4 99 exchange,I get about 6 41gm refills for my FWB C25,and 150 shots at least per charge,

The best way I have found so far is to look in Yellow Pages for a pub gas supplier,the 14 lb. cylinder I bought from them cost £8 80,and should see me to the end of my shooting life(I am old).

I strongly believe the move away from CO2 has been aided by misinformation and rumor,and not least by the makers of airguns, who could then sell us nice new PCPs.

By the way,anyone selling a CO2 5 shot pistol.

Peter

I strongly believe the move away from CO2 has been aided by misinformation and rumor,and not least by the makers of airguns, who could then sell us nice new PCPs.

By the way,anyone selling a CO2 5 shot pistol.

Peter

That is one perception. For others compressed air is easier to use and handle and cylinders easier (and cheaper) to fill up. My dive bottle cost me 2.50 pounds last time I filled that up and it lasts me 6 months or more. You can also compress your own air with a pump or your own compressor. There are other pro's and no doubt a few cons, but in the main CA gets my vote every time.

Rob.

You can buy CO2 in Sainsburys,the 290 gm Soda Stream cylinders cost£4 99 exchange,I get about 6 41gm refills for my FWB C25,and 150 shots at least per charge,

Both Sainsbury's and Tesco stock Sodastream cylinders but only in selected stores. Nevertheless it is easy to get them direct from Sodastream, delivered at about the same price.

Rutty

We have one of these as a club pistol and we have found it great to use. We get about 180-200 shots per refill of the CO2 pistol cylinder. Even when the pistol cylinder is almost empty it shoots true but the symptom is usually that the pellets have trouble punching neat holes in the paper! We recharge from (as suggested above) a CO2 cylinder provided by one of the club members who owns a pub. The large cylinder lasts us about 1-2 seasons.

To ensure the correct weight of charge of liquid CO2 into the pistol cylinder one of our members made a simple balance which allows the correct weight to be checked very easily! The secret of a good charge is that the pistol cylinder must be very cold or you only get gas transferred. The easiest way is to fill the cylinder and vent quickly and repeat until the cylinder is frosted before check weighing.