Wanted: Variable Forsight Iris M22

treetop

ring width not to fussy about....

Oh, you have to be so fussy about this! It's pretty well just as important as the diameter, and with a variable iris you will only have a choice of very thick or very, very thick!

Oh, you have to be so fussy about this! It's pretty well just as important as the diameter, and with a variable iris you will only have a choice of very thick or very, very thick!

Not to be thick, but what would you suggest? I'm in the same boat and would appreciate some advice.

Jason

Not to be thick, but what would you suggest? I'm in the same boat and would appreciate some advice.

Jason

You have to experiment I'm afraid. Some people shoot best with thick foresight rings, others better with thinner, and unless you try the options you are unlikely to find out. I'm on a 1.0 width High-End element at the end of a long tube, so it's really thin. Anything thicker than that and I struggle. On the other hand Cliff Ogle has always used the thickest elements he can get his hands on, and for a long time he used two metal elements together to make the ring even thicker...

it's a personal choice, what works for one may not for another.I use a variable one and find the thicker ring better, I can center the target better than with the thinner High end ones. Is anyone at your club using one that you could try, also what are you using at the moment, plastic or the metal foresight rings. Colin

it's a personal choice, what works for one may not for another.I use a variable one and find the thicker ring better, I can center the target better than with the thinner High end ones. Is anyone at your club using one that you could try, also what are you using at the moment, plastic or the metal foresight rings. Colin

That's the challenge -- I'm coming back to the sport after almost eight years away, so I'm starting from scratch again. I was using an Anschutz (Centra?) adjustable front iris (with bars), but I don't remember how thick the rings were and I sold it some time ago anyway.

I'm leaning toward a clear adjustable iris this time around with a level, but it's not clear to me which iris models allow you to adjust the size of the ring itself. I'm the only target shooter at my club, and being four hours drive from the nearest other target shooter, I'm pretty much on my own.

Jason

Edited by JasonJ