.22lr Anschutz Rifle

Guest seatrout

Guest seatrout

Hi, Everybody .....I am just starting target shooting and have a budget off £500 for a rifle and apart from Guntrader where else can I look for a rifle. Any help would be great as would any guidance on what I can expect for this amount of money. Thanks in advance Tom

Guntrader is a very good site if you have a shopping list in mind, and a budget.

Take a look on there and then ask around your club etc, and here, to see if it looks like a good price. You obviously need to look at the gun before you buy, but you may be able to get it transferred to a local dealer so you can inspect it (they will however charge you the costs incurred).

I bought my rifle in that manner and my girlfriend sold 2 of hers like that, using a local dealer as middleman.

Rob.

Don't forget the NSRA shop and Fultons (both based at Bisley in Surrey) sell second-hand rifles, but I would echo Rob's advice - get some advice from your club (instructor or experienced shooters) about the sort of rifle that you should go for. There are different models available to suit different types of shooting and different types of people. If you leave it to a trader to advise you, you might end up with what they want to sell you, rather than a gun that is right for you.

Guest seatrout
I believe John Churchley also does a range of good secondhand rifles.

Thanks for info to date ....looks as if I will be on the landline on Monday .....Tom

• 3 months later...