.308 / 7.62mm Target Rifle Wanted

Guest Jus

Guest Jus

Wanted - good condition heavy match barrelled .308 / 7.62mm rifle with iron sights (no scope).

Consider Mauser / Musgrave / Parker Hale / Savage / Swing, Border/Krieger/Maddco, Fulton etc Age not so important as a decent barrel.

Please PM or email with pics jus@ntlworld.com

Cheers

Jus

Wanted - good condition heavy match barrelled .308 / 7.62mm rifle with iron sights (no scope).

Consider Mauser / Musgrave / Parker Hale / Savage / Swing, Border/Krieger/Maddco, Fulton etc Age not so important as a decent barrel.

Cheers

Jus

Hi Jus, our club have four Enfield 7.62mm x 51/309 rifles ready to sell and maybe one Mosin-Nagent 7.62mmx51/309 to sell. We had a committee meeting tonight where we decided to sell them. You could come across to have a look? I have sent you photos via email,

Ciara

• 2 weeks later...

ring fultons, shop is next to nra office.

try hps.

get your hands on an nra journal, usually plenty adverts for folk who may be able to help.

border barrels may not be able to help directly but may know someone.

try and contact some local fullbore clubs.

apologies if you've tried any/all of above.

Cheers

Jus

Be very careful buying fullbore kit if you are new to the game, fullbore has a limited lifespan and its progress towards the smelting yard is accelerated by misuse and / or poor maintenance. There is a lot of real headaches out there and your wish list certainly isnt immune to this. Take along a very experienced fullbore shooter (the ones who smell vaguely of youngs 303) and listen carefully to them.

Cheers

Jus

Be very careful buying fullbore kit if you are new to the game, fullbore has a limited lifespan and its progress towards the smelting yard is accelerated by misuse and / or poor maintenance. There is a lot of real headaches out there and your wish list certainly isnt immune to this. Take along a very experienced fullbore shooter (the ones who smell vaguely of youngs 303) and listen carefully to them.

Thanks guys, I was at Fultons over the weekend having a look at a few there, they seemed very friendly and had time for you as well, despite a busy shop. Just mulling over now. I've decided not to buy privately any way.

Thanks guys, I was at Fultons over the weekend having a look at a few there, they seemed very friendly and had time for you as well, despite a busy shop. Just mulling over now. I've decided not to buy privately any way.

Fultons are always friendly if they smell a big sale - caveat emptor - they are not cheap and might not sell you a rifle that will suit you.

Fultons are always friendly if they smell a big sale - caveat emptor - they are not cheap and might not sell you a rifle that will suit you.

Noted. Cheers.... still looking ;-)

• 1 month later...

Still looking - something in the vein of a CG Millenium, Paramount, Accuracy International, Swing (Mk5).

PM or email jus@ntlworld.com

The gruniger and elmers in anschutz stocks that fultons often have for around £700 are good value. I have one since last year and while it may not be the prettiest it shoots well. The action is particularly nice and it gets possibles, I did one in the 1st round of the queens this year which made the £3.500 HPS shooter next to me, who dropped 2, rather grumpy!

Otherwise fultons tend to start at about £1200 for second hand swings which is more than i can afford

S

• 4 weeks later...