Logging On Problem

tenpointnine

When logging on to the forum with my laptop, the bar at the bottom of the screen shows the following message:

(2 items remaining) Downloading picture https://www.paypal.com/en_us/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif and just stays like that.

If I control / alt / delete it shows a Not responding message.

On my office pc I get straight on to the forum (thankfully, so I can post this!)

Any ideas?

Walter

When logging on to the forum with my laptop, the bar at the bottom of the screen shows the following message:

(2 items remaining) Downloading picture https://www.paypal.com/en_us/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif and just stays like that.

On my office pc I get straight on to the forum (thankfully, so I can post this!)

Any ideas?

Walter

Sounds like PayPal's server was having trouble providing the donation button on that occaision. I've not noticed any problems in the large number of machines I use.

Guest nickphillips

Any ideas?

Walter

Hi Walter,

I struggled the other day,couldn't get the site to respond at all etc.

Nick. :wacko:

Sorry guys,

Been out of action for the last 2.5 weeks (been in South Africa with very sporadic internet access.

Can't think of any reason tbh

That must be why I can't log in again with my laptop! :angry:

Same message in bar at bottom of screen regarding paypal & downloading picture. Control/alt/delete AGAIN!

Just don't understand how it worked last night?

Glad I can get in on pc.

Walter

Edited by tenpointnine

Walter, it sounds like you're the only person having a problem, and only from 1 machine.

I check the site regularly throughout the day from 3 different machines and don't have a problem.

Have you got some weird firewall/AV/Spyware/ISP/?? settings on your laptop. How are you connecting with your laptop. Are you running Onspeed (normally brilliant but it can occasionally cause problems).

I'm no computer expert but, from the lack of other complaints, your laptop does seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

Edited by David Levene

Using Windows 2000 IE 6 , XP & Vista IE7 kit plus Linux with various, no issues at all. Some connections are via a corporate security/proxy server and again, no issues.

If only the same could be said of BA and Terminal 5, not that the self-loading cargo got to see any of T5 on return Sunday due to localised snow at London Heathrow as we had to rebook onto London City airport without the snow....!

Still having same problem.

Running Windows XP-PRO and Norton 2008. Apparently I am connected at 100.0 Mbps. :wacko:

Only thing downloaded recently was Audacity software for converting Vinyl to CD.

Walter

Are you running on a network with strange settings?

Have you tried turning off Norton temporarily?

Have you tried reducing your IE security and privacy settings temporarily?

As I previously said, I am no computer expert. I'm just suggesting the things I would try if I was the only person reporting a problem.

Only thing downloaded recently was Audacity software for converting Vinyl to CD.

Walter

Walter what a coincidence I am just about to do the same thing myself.

I have been waiting for my new NAD USB Pre AMP to arrive and it came yesterday and also comes bundled with software to do the job.

Robert