1807 Bedding Bolt/s

Trident

I need either the forward bedding bolt for an Anschutz 1807 (which I believe is the same length as an 1811 bedding bolt), or a set of 1807 bedding bolts.

Can anyone help?

I am not knowledgeable enough to know the vintage of a 1811 (or 1813) but I have very recently been through this trying to get replacement bedding screws for my Anschutz Model 54 that my Dad bought me in 1961! This has a wood prone style stock.

On the Mod. 54 the screws are slot headed for a screwdriver and over the years (decades) get damaged, also they can’t easily be torqued down.

I contacted Frank Dykes and spoke to their ‘armourer’ who told me that these screws had been discontinued years ago. All of Model 54 action rifles 14 series, 18 series 19 series etc. have, I believe, the same bolt diameter and thread pitch viz: M6 x 0.75 (thread pitch). It is this thread pitch that’s cause the problem – it is very rare. The length of the bolts between the Anschutz models does vary – mine are approx 40mm and 30 mm long with 20mm and 19mm threaded. The bolts on my new alloy stocked 1913 are exactly the same diameter and thread pitch but they are much shorter. Indeed I have used my old action in the alloy stock so I know the latest bedding screws do fit the old action.

Short of falling lucky and finding someone with a spare set available, the armourer suggested three solutions for me. 1) buy a new stock and bolts. 2) Buy bolts to fit the later wooden stock rifle (which may include your 18 series). These are about £12 (not sure whether this is each or for both). Taking this option would require that my stock was drilled out because these bolts are shorter with thick torque washers fitted to them. 3) Have someone make new ones for me.

I took the latter course – Barry Nesom of barrel extension tube fame made a set for me with socket heads so that I can torque them down now. Barry is very well known in small-bore circles and anyone in your area with one of his tubes or 50 to 100 yd foresights will put you in contact. If all fails contact me.

For starters it may be easier to contact the NSRA or one of the dealers like Bedford TS or Churchleys

For starters it may be easier to contact the NSRA or one of the dealers like Bedford TS or Churchleys

It might also be worthwhile contacting Donald (Mac) at Edenkillie or Robert Knibbs at HPS The latter used to keep them in stock.

Rutty

Guest Trigger
I need either the forward bedding bolt for an Anschutz 1807 (which I believe is the same length as an 1811 bedding bolt), or a set of 1807 bedding bolts.

Can anyone help?

Champions Choice USA can supply Anshutz Bedding Screws for 1811 1813 1911 1913 at $44.00 per set of two. I believe in all cases even the 1400 series the tread is the same but there can be a difference in length. I have no doubt that CC will have the answers but their sets are expensive I think.

Guest Dave_C

I have a spare set of bedding bolts which I believe came off an 1807, but can't be sure.

If you're at the first weekend of the watsonian's shoot or the lothian world cup, then you can give them a try.

Dave.