New Post Markers

David Levene

I think the problem is something like this...

The appearance of the new post markers is controlled by the timestamp of each post, and the "last visited" date, which as others have noticed, isn't getting set correctly. However, when you log out, and log in again, the last visited date IS set. So the problem seems to be when you leave the forum without logging out - i.e. when the server times you out. I'm thinking that this is probably a bug in the IPB software, and while we wait for a fix, the work-around might be to log out when you have finished a session on the forum, and therefore having to log in again the next time you visit. A bit of a pain, I know, but it might just make life easier!

Well done Clive, you seem to be on to something there. Logged out and problem seems to have gone. :-)

Well done Clive, you seem to be on to something there. Logged out and problem seems to have gone. :-)

Logged out, logged in, went to the General forum and found 9 topics with last posting dates between 10th and 25th October with new post markers.

Then went to Governing Bodies / NSRA forum and found 4 topics with last posting dates between 31st July and 15th October with new post markers.

Isn't there any way of reverting to the old version of the software before frustration overtakes interest.

Logged out, logged in, went to the General forum and found 9 topics with last posting dates between 10th and 25th October with new post markers.

Then went to Governing Bodies / NSRA forum and found 4 topics with last posting dates between 31st July and 15th October with new post markers.

Isn't there any way of reverting to the old version of the software before frustration overtakes interest.

Once they're set as new, logging out and back in isn't going to help until you've caused those thread to be marked as old first. Then log out and in to see a difference.

Worked here, multiple different OS / browser, some that stores cookies, some that don't.

It seems to me that the new post evaluation has been changed to use the last login time and not whatever was being used before. Whenever I logout now, I lose all the messages on the unread messages list, that were posted before my new login date/time.

Regards

It seems to me that the new post evaluation has been changed to use the last login time and not whatever was being used before. Whenever I logout now, I lose all the messages on the unread messages list, that were posted before my new login date/time.

Regards

That's a common behaviour among forum software, although I've just tried it, that's not how it's working for me.