Home Trainers

sdixon1

hi all where is the best(cheapest) place to but an eletronic home trainer. i go through alot of ammo so this is my latest idea lying in the hall dry firing hoping no one walks in.

Firstly the cheapest isn't alsways the best!

Have a search for

Rika Home Trainer

SCATT USB Professional

Noptel

All have been discussed at length on here, Noptel seems most expensive and also seems very good, SCATT tried and tested and also very good, I use a Rika myself and prefer the interface to the SCATT

There is a long thread on here about the pros and cons

Hi has anyone bought anything from centershot.com before???

Its an american oline company which sells scatt's for $1275 = £590+pp

just a bit worried befroe i send £600 across the pond.

just a bit worried befroe i send £600 across the pond.

I too would be worried but not because there is anything wrong with Center Shot, the Raabs are well respected. I would be more worried in case anything went wrong.

There is no problem in buying items from other countries, providing that you accept that you might not get the same level of support from your local importer that you would if he had originally supplied the item.

Another thing to remember when buying from the US, you might get hit for import duty and VAT. Still think it's cheap?

Edited by David Levene

Like David said, the extra taxes and support issues make it sound like a very unattractive proposition to me. You'd be far better off contacting the UK dealer and enquiring about a second hand model - they do crop up every now and again.

Rob.

Shipping will be USD 80, so your total is now 1335 or £667

Import duty and VAT will add about £85 (I had similar value parcel from Canada a few weeks ago) and if Parcelforce deliver it (which I imagine they will given the high value) they charge a clearance fee of £13.00

Your now at £765, and thats only a few quid cheaper than the UK price.

That also doesn't take into account the possibilities of it getting lost in the mail, damaged on the way over, or developing a fault and the cost of returning it to the US.

Shipping will be USD 80, so your total is now 1335 or £667

Import duty and VAT will add about £85 (I had similar value parcel from Canada a few weeks ago) and if Parcelforce deliver it (which I imagine they will given the high value) they charge a clearance fee of £13.00

Your now at £765, and thats only a few quid cheaper than the UK price.

That also doesn't take into account the possibilities of it getting lost in the mail, damaged on the way over, or developing a fault and the cost of returning it to the US.

I find that they always slap VAT on at 17.5% but they normally can't be bothered with duty except for realy large amounts, or they have to find the correct tax codes. Last time I had something fairly small from parcelforce, I think the handling charge was only £8, not sure if it ramps up for larger amounts. One time I imported a rifle, the duty was around 3%, but there was some paperwork to do, but Fred at the NRA handled it. The really cheeky bit is where they tax you on the export fees and postage too.

As for a Scatt, I'm pretty sure I saw the UK importer advertising (can't remember where) them at around the £700 mark, might be worth giving them a ring (it was certainly less than the Surrey Guns advertised price):

Diverse Trading Ltd.

32 Golf Side, Cheam, Surrey

SM2 7EZ England

tel: 020 8642 7861

fax: 020 8642 9959

(quite tempted by one, but not sure where to find ~£700)

Edited by marfulee

Its also worthwhile to note that for once the UK isn't being completely ripped off, I just had a quick hunt on Google.de and the best price is EUR1000 or £700, and that doesn't include postage.

Have a hunt on google UK or as the previous poster suggested get in touch with Diverse trading.

They are a rare find on ebay, I don't remember ever seeing one on ebay UK but someone might have a 2nd hand one.

I spoke to diverse trading and its 750+pp so im up to 780. which is still alot of money. a second h and one will be about 600 so ill might as well go the whole hog and get a new one which has a guarantee.

Shooting is not a cheap sport.

Correct, Diverse Trading is the sole UK importer. They have appointed dealers as well.

I am writing some Electronic Trainer reviews for Target Sports, incl. SCATT.

For pistol, the SCATT is superb and the Palma Rifle Team used SCATT very successfully in their previous campaign. Without giving away the punch line of the article, electronic trainers are superb and well worth the investment, as previous articles have noted, their interpretation and analysis in collaboration with the shooter is essential.

I spoke to diverse trading and its 750+pp so im up to 780. which is still alot of money. a second h and one will be about 600 so ill might as well go the whole hog and get a new one which has a guarantee.

Shooting is not a cheap sport.

Certainly isn't, but at least if you buy a Scatt, running costs will be next to nothing and should you want to sell, then secondhand demand is high so you wouldn't lose much. Investing in good kit is usually not a bad idea, you know you only have yourself to blame and you can sell it on easily. I'll have to try that argument on the wife :)

Investing in good kit is usually not a bad idea, you know you only have yourself to blame and you can sell it on easily. I'll have to try that argument on the wife :)

So, are you selling your wife then? :rolleyes:

Nice idea, I wonder how much kit that would enable me to buy... Not sure she'd like the idea... :)