Please Read!

neil

Terms and conditions:

1) The For Sale forum is intended for non-commercial posts.

2) Occasional (once per 3 months) commercial posts, from active

members, will be overlooked but I stress the active part.

These posts must also be kept to a bare minimum - get your point/goods

across as succinctly as possible please.

3) Anything that does not adhere to the above or anything I, or one of the

moderators, deem unreasonable will be removed without notice :!:

Sorry for the stern tone of this post - just trying to keep the forum on

track and what it is intended it for - airing shooter's personal views and

opinions :roll:

Happy selling :)

• 5 years later...

Folks,

It has been brought to my attention that is probably not best etiquette to ask for/solicit price advice, and then try and sell it here.

Asking for an individual's 'best-guess' estimate on your item(s) may leave you open to "that's too expensive" comments from other users ;)

If you would like to sell something, why not advertise it with a price you think is reasonable. If you do not know what is a

reasonable price (through 'googling' for example) then try advertising the item and open it to offers and that way people can openly

offer you a price and it is up to you whether you accept it or not :D

Thanks

Neil

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi Neil

Apologies-didn't read first!

How do I edit my for sale post?

Thanks

Regards

Ian

Hi Neil

Apologies-didn't read first!

How do I edit my for sale post?

Thanks

Regards

Ian

Revisit your post when you are logged in. There should be an Edit button at the bottom of your post:

post-2059-0-35511400-1498824718_thumb.jpg

Edited by Huey

Just like to say that the rules for advertisers seem entirely reasonable, indeed generous, to me. I have advertised only once (a target rifle) and was very grateful for the opportunity to do so.

Hi Cumbrian,

Thank you.

Would be interested to hear from people about how they still use the forum, as posts primarily seem to indicated For Sale and Wanted....

Hi Neil,

As I said at the British 50m- this is a great forum. It has many active users - I recently posted a query about the value of a rifle and enjoyed a prompt response.

Be assured- the forum as a whole is much appreciated. I suspect when ISSF rule changes come in it will again be a hive of activity!

• 2 years later...

Hi Neil,

Allowing active members to offer any unwanted kit for sale on your site is very generous and can only help to further the sport as it helps those that either cannot find what they want, or cannot afford to buy at new prices.

I have bought and sold items on Stirton and have been very grateful for the opportunity to dispose of any unwanted kit as it has helped me to put some cash towards the new replacement/upgrade, and to find and buy things that I have been unable to find elsewhere.

It would be good if anyone selling from a Stirton advert would be obliged to sell to the first who committed to buy at the asking price (assuming payment is made in a timely way)  and not sell to a later offer that could subject the first buyer to being out-bid by a later contact without their knowledge.

Asking the seller to mark the sales thread when an item has been sold would also be courteous and save any false hopes being dashed or the seller being bothered after the kit has already been sold.

I learn more from Stirton than I contribute, (I am not as knowledgeable as some others!) so I find your site very informative and helpful.

Best regards, and thanks for sharing your site with us!

Bob.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I am new, as you can see and a little confused. There was an item advertised that i rather wanted, with nobody having posted on the item. I posted a reply up to say I would give 90 for it, posted, which seemed reasonable since it was advertised for 100 ono. There was no reply from the poster by after a couple of days and I have just logged on and found that the whole thread has dissappeared. What happened? If the item was no longer available why was a reply put up to say this? This does not feel very transparent.

I generally find the forum very helpful and well run and am sadly more in a position to learn than to contribute, but do when I have something worth saying.

3 hours ago, Markvulture said:

Hi,

I am new, as you can see and a little confused. There was an item advertised that i rather wanted, with nobody having posted on the item. I posted a reply up to say I would give 90 for it, posted, which seemed reasonable since it was advertised for 100 ono. There was no reply from the poster by after a couple of days and I have just logged on and found that the whole thread has dissappeared. What happened? If the item was no longer available why was a reply put up to say this? This does not feel very transparent.

I generally find the forum very helpful and well run and am sadly more in a position to learn than to contribute, but do when I have something worth saying.

Remember these are private sales, offered by (mostly) strangers on the Internet. Yes it's annoying when sellers remove an item from sale just by deleting the post. A post formally withrawing the item would be polite, but it's strangers on the internet.

I don't think Neil, or any of the mods, have the power, or the time, to enforce any greater courtesy.

1 hour ago, tim s said:

Remember these are private sales, offered by (mostly) strangers on the Internet. Yes it's annoying when sellers remove an item from sale just by deleting the post. A post formally withrawing the item would be polite, but it's strangers on the internet.

I don't think Neil, or any of the mods, have the power, or the time, to enforce any greater courtesy.

On another Forum a rogue was selling stuff, then deleting his sales posts to make it harder to go back to him with issues. It took some time for this behaviour to be noted and then addressed.

Regards

JCS

2 hours ago, Martin S said:

Re sales: how do sellers and buyers be assured that money will be paid and items posted? Is PayPal the best way or another? Thanks

If you are unsure of buyer or seller's credentials, PayPal - but not the friends&family option - is a good choice. For sellers, make sure to keep records of postage and I would recommend tracked delivery.