Remember Me

jimrward

Guest JulianY
For me, I have to log in again whenever my IP address changes;

i.e. When i switch between using my laptop at Uni and when I'm back at home.

At a guess... if you are using a wireless connection, it may be the same for you guys.

An if you home pc is on DHCP then every time your ISP give yo a new number that would do it as well.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been having trouble logging in at work, but not at home. It kept telling me that the password didn't match with the one stored in windows. :unsure:

I did eventually notice that when I clicked on the password box, the password already there wasn't being deleted, so I was adding my password to it, and not being a typist I have to look at the keys as I type. ^_^

Folks,

It's not explicitly to do with our server(s) I'm afraid to tell you ;)

I *never* get logged out unless I do it manually. As mentioned above, the only real difference is that at the two locations where I normally check the forum, both have permanently assigned (statis) IP addresse where as a number of you will probably have ISP assigned IP addresses.

It would be interesting to know which of you have static addresses and whether or not you have any problems?

I believe that in an effort to prevent hi-jacking of the forum. If someone tries to post from a PC with a different IP address of that when they first logged in, then you should be thrown out. This is only supposed to be within the same session (15mins) though .. will see if I can find out when I have a mo ;)

It would be interesting to know which of you have static addresses and whether or not you have any problems?

At work I have a static address and at home my address only changes when I reboot my cable modem (which I haven't done for several months).

I know that if I have to re-login on one of the computers that I will have to do the same when I use the other one.

I got logged out yesterday, when I rebooted my PC.

Strange, I'm guessing you don't all have software firewalls running on your PCs or other software blocking cookies?

Have you reset your cookies since the forum was upgraded?

What happens if you click on the "Delete cookies set by this board" link and then log back in. Do you still get logged out

again when moving between pages?

Thanks

Neil

I too seem to get it variably. At, IE6, work with a static IP address it sometimes forgets itself, every 2 or 3 days. At home also IE6 but a volatile IP address it seems to be similar. It has got worse but it's even worse on a fishing site I frequent, that seems to need entering every day on both work and home PC's.

Rob.

Guest JulianY

Now I don't understand. I deliberately logged in form work, left my self logged in and then logged from home. no problems !

JY

I just had to log in again at my office, 16:33 23/02/2007.

Anyone else get logged out?

I will see if I need to log in again on my home computer.

Yep, had to log in again at home at 17:50 23/02/2007.

Could it be a coincidence? One machine Win98 with IE6 and the other XP with IE7.