Peli Cases

neil

Peli cases  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi folks,

I have found a local place that is a distributor for Peli cases but they

also make custom crates/boxes/cases which could be very useful for ammo, sights etc

I am looking towards them to make a new insert for my Peli to safeguard my rifle better

than the flimsy foam that comes with it.

If there was enough interest, then I could potentially try negotiating a discount

with them by telling them that I can put a number of British (and potentially further a field)

shooters their way.

Thoughts?

Interesting Neil, but shipping's usually the thing that kills you with Pelis. I'm looking to get a 1500 or 1550 in a few weeks (would be now but herself's birthday took priority for a change!) but my plan was to buy on ebay and ship from the US in the hope that the euro-dollar conversion would take the sting out of the shipping. Could your chap beat those kind of prices?

I'm toying with the idea of a new case for my AP, maybe a peli 1600, price from here is about £145 [inc vat and foam]

Any improvement on that would be handy :D

There's one of the other posters here who got a cheap but very good case knocked up for pistol. I'm pretty sure that company would be cheaper, certainly much cheaper than the pistol case price quotes above.

Rob.

I'm toying with the idea of a new case for my AP, maybe a peli 1600, price from here is about £145 [inc vat and foam]

Have a look at this case.

http://www.storagetrunks.co.uk/single-case...trim-p-339.html

I had one made fro my air pistols with a hinge, you have to get your own foam but I have 2 air pistols + lots of room for all your kit for only for £56 + £8 p & p

Also the company will do made to measure if you ask.

I have found it the best case for the money around I worked out if I had got them to make my free pistol case instead of condor I could have saved £150.

Interesting Neil, but shipping's usually the thing that kills you with Pelis. I'm looking to get a 1500 or 1550 in a few weeks (would be now but herself's birthday took priority for a change!) but my plan was to buy on ebay and ship from the US in the hope that the euro-dollar conversion would take the sting out of the shipping. Could your chap beat those kind of prices?

Sparks, you say can he beat those kind of prices - could you give an indication mate as to what you have researched and

found to be indicitive ;)

There's one of the other posters here who got a cheap but very good case knocked up for pistol. I'm pretty sure that company would be cheaper, certainly much cheaper than the pistol case price quotes above.

Rob.

... but not what I'm asking ;) I'm trying to guage number that may be interested. Then I'd be in a better place to try

and negotiate discount :D

Have a look at this case.

http://www.storagetrunks.co.uk/single-case...trim-p-339.html

I had one made fro my air pistols with a hinge, you have to get your own foam but I have 2 air pistols + lots of room for all your kit for only for £56 + £8 p & p

Also the company will do made to measure if you ask.

I have found it the best case for the money around I worked out if I had got them to make my free pistol case instead of condor I could have saved £150.

Peter,

This company make exactly the same case and supply all the foam etc. Again, knowing numbers and interest could

potentially help obtain a discount.

They supply the extrememly dense foam and use a CNC lathe to cut out sections as per your requirements.

This would the only difficult bit for non-Aberdonians, unless you were all up/over at say the Scottish ISSF

and potentially the company would do it at a weekend. Or if you could send very accurate templates and

were willing to accept the liability based on what you supplied.

It's all a thought triggered ;) from the fact that I'm going to get the foam for my case cut and if it meant helping

some other shooters get a better deal by clubbing together ... :D

Several shooters (at least five plus some more possible) have recently purchased Peli for pistol mainly model 1520. Slightly off your topic but may lend weight to your negotiations and help us.

We need some decent cut inserts for the pistols (similar to that used for the 50m pistols in the Condor cases). We can provide specs and if successful, I can drop in with the sample guns for measurement. Price would have to be sensible though, most are still recoiling from the Intershoot costs.

Sparks, you say can he beat those kind of prices - could you give an indication mate as to what you have researched and found to be indicitive ;)

D'Oh...

I was looking at about €130 including shipping Neil (€80 for the case, €50 for the shipping).

Several shooters (at least five plus some more possible) have recently purchased Peli for pistol mainly model 1520. Slightly off your topic but may lend weight to your negotiations and help us.

We need some decent cut inserts for the pistols (similar to that used for the 50m pistols in the Condor cases). We can provide specs and if successful, I can drop in with the sample guns for measurement. Price would have to be sensible though, most are still recoiling from the Intershoot costs.

Paul,

Having seen this stuff, it would be exactly what you want - only problem is it is in Aberdeen should you need to leave items to be measured but as you say, if you can provide accurate specs/sizes ... The biggest cost is time and I would imagine everyone's case

would be unique inside, thus increasing the CAD/CAM design time ...

Away over now to have a chat with them.

Morning Paul,

To follow on from yesterday ... the price for 5 inserts would bring down the individual price if there were not too many mods between

cases (and assuming that the insert is for the same model Peli case?)

I may get my case back tomorrow if I am lucky and in which case I will take it to Bisley with me this weekend for anyone who

may be interested in seeing what I am talking about. Failing that, I will take some photos.

Cheers

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Neil,

Just got some 'rough' prices from my local Peli distributer.

A 1750 with foam is £300.62 (inc VAT), £264.79 without the foam.

Discounts don't look huge for volume (but these are rough)

1 to 10 - as above

11 to 20 - less 5%

21 to 50 - less 7.5%

I think that is a bit steep! :blink:

A custom made aluminum flight case would probably cost half that. But I suppose we are not comparing apples for apples, as the Peli cases are IP67, and spec'd for UK military and Nato. :ninja:

:rolleyes: Food for thought....