Thumbhole Stock For Anschutz1813

anschutz1813

The title kind of explains what I'm after! - a thumbhole stock for an anschutz 1813, after my previous one disintegrated - a split right down the centre, along the grain :(

Any offers very much appreciated, or if you know of someone who may have one up for grabs (who's not a forum member) for a reasonable price please pass on my details.

email b.m.atkinson@sms.ed.ac.uk

Cheers,

Brian

Brian,

If you are a member of the NSRA I would advise you to take advantage of the insurance they provide. I made a claim last year on behalf of our club to replace an Anschutz thumbhole stock which had suffered a similar problem to yours (ours split across the grain, adjacent to the slot for the bolt, but was equally unrepairable). I found the process straight forward and quick. Having got a letter from a gunsmith verifying that the old stock was not repairable, we purchaced a new replacement and forwarded the receipt to the insurance company who then reimbursed us minus the excess on the policy.

James

Brian,

If you are a member of the NSRA I would advise you to take advantage of the insurance they provide. I made a claim last year on behalf of our club to replace an Anschutz thumbhole stock which had suffered a similar problem to yours (ours split across the grain, adjacent to the slot for the bolt, but was equally unrepairable). I found the process straight forward and quick. Having got a letter from a gunsmith verifying that the old stock was not repairable, we purchaced a new replacement and forwarded the receipt to the insurance company who then reimbursed us minus the excess on the policy.

James

Cheers James, I'll look into that.

Brian