Chalk Targets

Inspector Gadget

HELP!

I have been trying to obtain some chalk target (the type that explode when you hit them)

Several gunshops have informed me that Tarian marks who make them are no longer trading

The NSRA have them advertised on their web site - But......surprise surprise don't actually have any either.....and they are STILL on the web site.....Aaarrrrg!

Any advise would be appreciated I have stated to play with some air dry latex in the vain hope of making a mould, but have ended up making cheap condoms instead!

The condoms come in terminal screwdriver handle sizes up to large monkey wrench or for you normal people sml med and large

p.s. don't order too many at once as they take about three days to do one as my technique is not quite right yet!

HELP!

Any advise would be appreciated I have stated to play with some air dry latex in the vain hope of making a mould, but have ended up making cheap condoms instead!

The condoms come in terminal screwdriver handle sizes up to large monkey wrench or for you normal people sml med and large

p.s. don't order too many at once as they take about three days to do one as my technique is not quite right yet!

Still having problems with your technique then Nigel ? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Rose

Edited by Rose

You must be able to make your own from something like plaster of paris (?).

Rob.

That's what Nigel's trying to do... only he's having trouble making the moulds :rolleyes:

Rose

• 9 months later...

As anyone found an alternative to the tarian marks?

We have a clay disc shoot on the the 10th of November and have realised we may not have enough discs.

The only commerial availble alternatives I've found are "Daisy Shatterblasts" from the US. however the website doesn't state the size so I dont know how suitable the'll be.

Strong Mints were one alterative but are a bit small and plaster discs won't shatter.

Any help appreciated.

Gadget how did you solve your problem? Did you manage to make a suitable alternative?

Cheers

Phil W.

We used polo mints until we looked at the cost, then the pick & mix had a few different sizes and these did the trick well, given the time/irritation factor of fabrication, the pick & mix solution was preferred.

Using 3m spray to card provided low cost quick adhesive.

If anybody is into diet coke [substitutes are not as good], some of the mints reacted very well with diet coke, others less so. Caution, this makes a mess!