Fwb 2602 For Sale (blue Alluminium Stock)

Feinwerkbau 2602 blue alloy stock with original accessories (supermatch)

Looking for buyer by the end of november to make way for new anschutz.

£1150 ono

if interested i am at bisley november 4/5 and nov 17/18/19 for viewings and my email address is:

05022063@brookes.ac.uk

Rich Phillips 07894 044629

please feel free to email me for photos etc and any specific information about the rifle.

Edited by RichPhillips

Hi Rich

Any background info such as age, number of rounds, batch testing results, etc?? There may be someone at our club interested. Cheers

Sink

Hi Rich

Any background info such as age, number of rounds, batch testing results, etc?? There may be someone at our club interested. Cheers

Sink

age must be about 5 years old, bought it from new, 20-25K rounds. Lastest Eley batchtesting groups better than the previous ones, i havnt got the exact figures on me as im at uni but the 40group came to 14,0.

again i must add i am in a hurry to sell!

has been checked annually with FWB, and fully serviced in july in croatia

can sell a certain amount of batched ammunition with it (at dealer prices)

Edited by RichPhillips

Thanks Rich. I won't see the guy till Friday or Monday but will get back to you asap.

Sink

I just realised what you've said!!! 14mm for a 40 shot group!! That's almost a bullets width better than I ever get!! Wish I had the dosh!!

YES HE DID SAY HE WAS GETTING A NEW ANSCHUTZ

The more important question is why?

There are some fundamental differences between the two:-

The FWB is not an alloy cast like the Anschutz

The FWB has a much narrower forend than an Anschutz and that was one of the reasons why Mike Babb chose an FWB stock to house his Bleiker barrel & action.

Come on Richard what makes you think the Anschutz is going to serve you better?

Thanks for your concerns! Mr Anschutz is giving me a really cheap one....so.....i thought it would be rude not to take him up on his offer!

Guest yardman9

Because it's cheap and comes from Mr Anschutz, doesn't mean it's going to shoot any better. I am interested when you get it how it performs in the Eley test range.

JC

its cheap because anschutz wernt impressed i was using a fwb at the worldchamps(+FWB wernt too keen to give any good deals in croatia), barrel has been selected anyway back to the topic of the FWB being for sale..... still looking for buyers, have turned down 2 offers so far!

Edited by RichPhillips

Emma - I don't think the intention was to hassle Richard just to find out why he is disposing of a rifle stock that has helped get him where he is today.

I think if it were me and I don't know Richard's circumstances I would want to keep the old one until I was satisfied that the new one could give me equally good results and I was comfortable with it but finances and student impoverishment might not allow that.

If he doesn't get on with the new one then it will be very expensive to get back to where he is now.

Now I'll shut up and wish him well in selling his FWB - I should add that I shoot with an Anschutz stock albeit a laminated one and if I changed the FWB would probably be top of my list of possible replacements.

I think if it were me and I don't know Richard's circumstances I would want to keep the old one until I was satisfied that the new one could give me equally good results and I was comfortable with it but finances and student impoverishment might not allow that.

If he doesn't get on with the new one then it will be very expensive to get back to where he is now.

I agree, but what do I know?

One could be cynical and reflect that this is a cheap way for Mr Anschutz to "take-out" a competitor manufacturers well performing product so there is one less FWB performing at a high level amongst GB shooters. No doubt it is all being done for very laudable reasons but I wonder how much they are playing on the fact that a nice shiny new article has loads of appeal to a possibly impressionable young shooter.

I call to mind Mick Gault who was given a new Hammerli air pistol and despite trying and persevering with for some time, he reverted to his tried and tested Morini for the Commonwealth Games.

At this point I wonder if Mac, as GB team manager, might give an analysis of who is using what. Nothing too time consuming just numbers or percentages per manufacturer. I just have a feeling that alternatives to Anschutz are increasing in numbers when it comes to medal winning performances.

Seems to have caused a bit of a stir. I have found a willing buyer for the agreed asking price but have not confirmed to them that i am still able to sell it. Spoke to Donald and will do again inafew weeks about it, but im currently looking for Mr John Churchleys number, if anyone has it?!

All help much apprecited though.. thanks all