Bill

This probably isn't a bug but a feature, but I'd like to complain about it anyway.

When I hit the View New Posts menu option, the items I haven't read will be displayed. No problem. However, if I decide not to open any of them (or not all of them) and exit the Forum, the next time I sign in and try View New Posts, the items I did not open the previous time are not displayed.

I haven't opened them, so why does the system think I have? Can this be changed?

I did this last night and saw there were too many to plough through before I went to bed and thought I'd catch up with them this morning. All gone! It'll take ages to track them down now. :(

When I hit the View New Posts menu option, the items I haven't read will be displayed. No problem. However, if I decide not to open any of them (or not all of them) and exit the Forum, the next time I sign in and try View New Posts, the items I did not open the previous time are not displayed.

Could the answer be in the description? It is "View New Posts", not "View Unread Posts". Or maybe I'm wrong, which is quite possible.

Edited by David Levene

The View New Posts link will let you see all the posts that have been posted since your last visit as opposed to viewing all unread posts - which would this then be called: View Unread Posts? ;)