Icons Not Displaying

Ian Harris

Neil,

Since the upgrade, I don't get some of the icons (on the left of the screen) displaying properly - once you get down into the forums they display OK, the problem for me is in the forum directory view.

The icons in the bottom part of the first screen (Board Statistics) show up correctly.

I've re-set cookies and cleared the cache. This happens for me with IE and Firefox and on two different computers.

I get this too. The only icons not displaying properly since the upgrade are the 'goto last unread' ones. They come out as little orange squares. They work ok though.

Happens in both IE and Firefox, and I run the ZoneAlarm Pro firewall.

Ian,

Just to clarify, are you talking about at the top most level of the forum (the root)

or one level down e.g. once inside the General section?

Bill,

The little orange square sounds fine, see attached - does your screen look like this?

forum.gif

forum.gif

Dark/Hightlighted blue icons obviously represent 'unread' posts. If all your icons are

showing as if everything is unread then you can always click on the link at the bottom

right of the screen to clear that "Mark all posts as read". Next time you return to the

forum, new posts only should show with the bright blue icons, all other forums/posts

will have a faint blue icon next to them.

Neil,

My displays are the same as the images - I think I assumed that as there were coloured icons (with graphics) in the Board Statistics panel that the icons in the other panels would have something similar. The icons just showing "IPB" just didn't look right.

To answer your question about firewalls, one PC is running Zonealarm Pro and the other is running the standard WinXP firewall.

Screenshots are what I get.

If the little orange squares are intentional that's fine, but I don't think they appear in the same way as the old version, when they were a little blue square, just a little larger than the orange ones, and with rounded corners.

The orange ones seem to me to be an ever-present. If I go into the Ammunition thread, say, (and I've read every post there), it gives me the orange square to allow me to go to the last unread post even though I've read them all. Don't think this used to happen. The only thread that does not at this moment have an orange square is this one, in which I am currently active. Threads with posts made today and yesterday which I have read come up after I hit 'View new posts' and htey have the orange square.

I guess if these are new features rather than bugs then I have no problem, it's just getting used to it, that's all. When I used to see the lilttle blue square I knew there was an unread post in the thread. Now I don't.

OK I take it all back. I just hit 'Mark all posts as read' and all the orange squares have disappeared from everywhere. Maybe it just needed to be reset.