Wanted - Gun Cabinets

that would be amazing if you could do that. what are the chances of the police not liking it? as for pickup, i know it is not much notice but we are at busa outdoor on 6th may at appleton, or else it can be sent with a courier. i will confirm measurements after wednesday but approx 4 feet in width, with slots for 20 guns along the back, if possible no double stacking of guns. then 10 inches depth by 50 inches height.

fair enough ... I'll see if it can be fitted in to the busy schedule ... :) ... email me offlist (before the no-advertising monkey bites me) ... robin at rapidcut.co.uk.

20 guns .. thats what, 75mm per gun? .. thats 1.5m wide? you sure about that? what about 12 guns wide, with say, 8 on the back of th door?, suitably restrained of course.

Actually, thinking about it ... you probably start to run into problems with the strength of a very wide door ... would not 2 x 10 gun cabinets be equally effective?

for a 1.5m cabinet, you probably want a "double door" .. two 700mm doors, with a central bar to lock agaisnt ... at that point, you are not that dissimilar to 2 x 10 gun cabinets anyway ... think about it and let me know.

once again, thank you. i will sit down with the others and have a think. two ten gun cabinets could be perfect. as for the size we have issues with our cupboard which is 4 feet by 8. ideally fitting it on the back wall means less space lost.

guns on the back of the door sounds sensible, watsoniains have a cabinet like that although they dont seem to make them anymore.

the 6 gun cabinets off the shelf seem to have about 66mm so 75mm is a little much for gun spacing.

i understand where you are coming from with the two cabinets. the thing with two tens is we could almost just buy 3 sevens which would involve so much less effort on your part.

my other concern is that if it had two doors would it still conform to police rules. not being technical at all, but would it not need a more complicated locking system to insure the doors arent forced from the centre.

i haev looked at courier prices and they are surprisingly cheap and accomidating.

I would think a single large door would be too easy to force by just bending it from the middle. two doors, would have a single fixed centre piece, probably from 10mm plate steel, with a T section to re-inforce it laterally. Once locked, it will be supported by a door on each side, so is unlikely to go anywhere.I think if you want a clear opening 20 gun cabinet, with no centre restrictions, you are going to struggle ... unless you go for a VERY heavy contruction on the door. Certainly, a single door built from the "british standard" 2mm sheet steel, 1.5m wide would be very easy to bend open from the middle

as for the 2 tens, 3 sevens thing ... do look at the pricing ... the "standard" ones are cost effective really. because they make them in bulk, they are able to keep the labour prices down a great deal. even doing it on "mates rates" we would have to recover our labour costs, and a one-off is going to take a lot longer than one of a batch run of 50 "standard" ones ...