Left Handed Rifle

Guest joe_dunn03

Guest joe_dunn03

Hey guys. I'm having real trouble locating a pretty standard medium weight left handed rifle here in Wales or the South West area for our club - we only have 1 with 6 left handed shooters this year. We only need something cheap - nothing more than £250-£300 max.

I've been looking for about 2 months now to no avail.

Any contacts would be greatly appreciated!

J

Can you not just get a left handed stock for a right handed gun ? Excuse my ignorance there may be other technical problems that I don't know of - I'm a pistol shooter ;) .

Rob.

Can you not just get a left handed stock for a right handed gun ? Excuse my ignorance there may be other technical problems that I don't know of - I'm a pistol shooter  .

This is possible with a bolt handle adapter so that the bolt can be operated left handed but where you get them from I don't know

Guest ilovemybed
Can you not just get a left handed stock for a right handed gun ? Excuse my ignorance there may be other technical problems that I don't know of - I'm a pistol shooter  .

This is possible with a bolt handle adapter so that the bolt can be operated left handed but where you get them from I don't know

I believe they're most commonly found in the back of old range armoury cupboards.

That solution is still not ideal as the loading port is cut on the wrong side for a left hander. I think the stock needs to get chopped a bit, and even then the crossunder bit can get caught on some other piece of kit like your sling depending on your position.

Best to find a proper Lefty I reckon.

Guest joe_dunn03

We've had a left handed rifle with a right handed action and a converter before but it was awkward as hell apparently...

Am checking out guntrader - not been there before... thanks!