Wanted: Foresight Block

Guest simon jacklin

Guest simon jacklin

Hello

I've been trying to get hold of a switchable foresight block that allows quick change from 50m to 100y by moving the foresight onto a higher level.

I've tried several places but no luck and i'm wondering if any of you have one kicking around in an old spares box.

Let me know if you have one that i can buy.

Have you tried the NSRA shop? I bought mine there last year, cost about a fiver. Also they work by going to the lower step for 100yards!

An alternative is one of the Kelly-type turn-over foresight tunnels. The current versions can be adjusted to compensate for any cant, which the blocks don't.

Simon, you want to get in touch with Barry Neesom in Yorkshire, who makes foresights which revolve 180 degrees, one position for 100y and the other for 50/25. You can use standard plastic elements or screw in your favourite iris unit, and you can specify a built-in spirit level and/or levelling bars as you want.

Barry's phone number is 01751 473124. Tell him what barrel it's for and he will either make one for it or send you a stock item. He does 18mm and 22mm, and can do colour anodizing to match your bolt knob, or whatever.

They cost about £70-£80 and are the bees' knees for easy distance changing. If you can't afford that, maybe someone will have a secondhand one available.