Aberdeen University

Patrick Jess kindly came up at the weekend and serviced our guns. What we found was that sadly they were in a poor state. There are some things we desperately require because currently we have guns sitting unused in the rack for a lack of simple parts.

Handstops and pins for handstops are a definite need especially the newer ball handstops rather than clip ones, something so simple stops guns from being used.

Feinwerkbau sights. We have two brand spanking new guns and no sights to work in them, a spring has snapped on one set and the screw casing, which attaches the other sights to the gun, has snapped. We are currently borrowing a set so members can shoot matches.

Anchutz sights. We have guns that cannot be used because we have no sights for them.

I understand a lot of older or experienced shooters may have purchased new equipment and pushed there old bits and bobs in a cupboard. This is a desperate plea for any unused bits that you would be willing to part with or any other spare parts that you think may be useful for helping get more students into shooting. If you can help please get in touch.

Gordon Cox

Aberdeen University Rifle Club

gordon_cox@lineone.net

Blimey, i thought our armoury was a bit thin on parts.

Can you not send the FWB sights back to be repaired. Your AU might be persuaded to cough up for things like that.

What did you mean by handstop pins? Do mean the detent ball-bearings on the new type swivels (HPS and Bedford Target supplies will sell new swivels).

If cost is an issue you might consider selling on one of the unused to cover new bits.

Tim S

Exeter Uni

Handstops and pins for handstops are a definite need especially the newer ball handstops rather than clip ones, something so simple stops guns from being used.

For student-land you would probaby be better keeping the clips in the handstops (once you get new ones) and then putting sling hooks on all the slings - makes it easier for people to swap slings and rifles.

Cheers Mac. It is something I did recently and thats how I discovered we were so lacking in handstops and bits. All the guns are now numbered and matched with a sling. The oldies whine about losing their slings but hopefully it will slow the loss of parts in the long run.

Another request would be anyone selling their gun cabinet, I have looked on eBay and all require collection from England, which is out with our range of transport. Preferably 4 or more capacity.

We currently have a large cabinet, which holds all of our guns, but it is poorly designed and leaves guns damaged. The idea behind a new smaller cabinet would be for our brand new guns so that they can be better protected from damage.

Gordon

I have aquired two sets of walther sights which fit on the fwbs so there is no need now for more. Still looking for gun cabinets though.