Too many pictures

Neilj62

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this:

I was about to post a new item for sale, and find that I am 'out of space' for more photos, so I'd like to just delete all the old pictures of stuff I've advertised before and sold, but can't see anyway of doing this 😒

Can anyone help please?

Thnaks

Neil.

If any one can help me,  I have a similar issue, just its all in one thread. I added pics on a post, later in the same thread I tried to add another pic, it said not enough space.

I reduced the pic to what was said was left, and it still said manage etc, so I deleted the first earlier pic, and tried to add the new one, and it still said I had no space!!!!

So now I have all my pics deleted, and I still can't add any thing in the post!!!!!!!

Does it add up all posts that we have ever done for pics????

It says if I try and edit:-

"You have used up all of the attachment space you are allowed. Manage Attachments to free up space."

I've now searched back through old posts and deleted at least 6 pics, and it still says the same!!

I'm loosing the will to live on pics!!!!

Robin

Edited by RobinC

Well, I can see where you look at what pictures you have posted, when you click on your user name in the top right corner and under "Content", go to "My Attachments" but as @Neilj62 says, there doesn't seem to be any way of deleting them from there.

When you access the pinned post from @neil at the top of the FAQ section, it just takes you to a list of the forums, rather than the help page. Mind you, that post is from 2002, so there may have been many changes of forum software since then.

I think, @RobinC that while you have successfully deleted the link to the pics in your threads, the pics are probably still showing in "My Attachments", and you haven't generated any space by deleting the link, rather than the pic itself.

Use the search option to show - Content I started and then scroll through them until you find posts that you have made with images. Edit the post and delete the image.

If you like posting a lot of images, use a third party image hosting service such as Dropbox and just add links to your posts. 

Regards

JCS

Edited by Jcampbellsmith

Hi Robin

I had the same problem with my Pinhoe pics!

Use a Gallery

select gallery from the + sign and take it from there

Edited by RobertBeard

Thanks all, JCS  I've found loads and I've deleted loads of pics now, but still the same!

I can build rifles and clever engineering stuff, BUT I'm still working out where the coal goes in on computers so that does not help!

I have not a clue, so retiring to the garden with a beer (or three)

Have fun

Robin

I think when you delete them you just remove them from view on the forum but the actual file stays on the forum's database with no actual reduction in your space, hence no change to your apparent allowance

11 hours ago, Jcampbellsmith said:

https://forum.stirton.com/index.php?/attachments/

Review your attachments and delete any files as you wish.

Regards 

JCS 

Yes, I can review them in that,  BUT I can't delete them in that!! And that seems to be the basis the forum uses for determining how much I've used!!!

Yes, I can go to posts and delete them in posts, BUT they still stay in the "My Attachments" and I still can't add attachments on posts!!! 

I'm not interested in using third party thingys, the forum is telling me to edit my posts, but won't let me do it, or tell me how!!  So no more pictures for me!!

Have Fun

3 hours ago, RobinC said:

Yes, I can review them in that,  BUT I can't delete them in that!! And that seems to be the basis the forum uses for determining how much I've used!!!

Yes, I can go to posts and delete them in posts, BUT they still stay in the "My Attachments" and I still can't add attachments on posts!!! 

I'm not interested in using third party thingys, the forum is telling me to edit my posts, but won't let me do it, or tell me how!!  So no more pictures for me!!

Have Fun

Hi @RobinC it is far from intuitive, but if you click on your username at the top right, select attachments, then click on the thread link on the right hand side column, it takes you to your post. If you then click the three dots in the top right of the post, giving you More Options, one of which is Edit, select that and it takes you in to the post, and at the bottom of the post is Uploaded Images, and the little X in the top right of each picture allows you to delete the actual image, rather than the link to it which is in the post above it.

As I say, far from intuitive, but hope that helps as we need to see the pics of the Bucket List Project!

Cheers

John

5 hours ago, RobinC said:

Have Fun

Robin

It works for me. I suggest that you try again. I've had no issue reducing the total size of my files attached over the last couple of days.

Good luck.

JCS

Thanks so much, JCS, the problem seemed to be that it would not show the X on the pics in the edit, not sure what I did to get it , but I did something and it appeared! So have now cleared the field. 

Have now restored the first pic and added another taster pic!

Thanks again

Have Fun

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes if there's been a forum upgrade, and the server cache or user's browser cache can misbehave and needs cleared out.

Glad you're sorted though.