Magnetic/flip-up/folding cheekpiece

aimbot

Wondering if anyone by any chance has a "folding" cheekpiece which can flip up when the bolt comes back, which will fit in a Gemini (702) stock?

My head position is quite far forwards so I can't put my cheekpiece in the position it needs to be, as that means the bolt gets stuck on it!

Either for sale OR to loan just for this season (until after Imperial) 

Thanks!

Mr Nibbs will sell you one - I had one from new on one of my Gemini-stocked rifles, & bought one to fit on my other one.  They do make things much easier.

Don't expect much change from £300!!

I know someone who tried a simpler version - use existing mount / screws - worked OK, but required manual flip up / flip down.  He was going to work on a Mk 2 with a magnet included / "auto" flip up, but I don't know if he got that far.  

EDIT - No, sadly, the Mk 2 didn't get off the drawing board, but he has a Mk 1 if interested; PM me & I'll pass on his details.

folding cheek piece.jpeg

Edited by MIke Jenvey
Extra info

I could 3D print you something for material and shipping cost? I've got what I think is a really early Grunig or more likely a custom folding cheekpiece hinge that wouldn't be too difficult to remake in plastic and would definitely hold up just fine. I can incorporate magnets and a torsion spring so it stays shut?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just remembered I have this really budget homemade folding cheekpiece in my box of spares if you'd like it for the cost of postage? It came with an old stock I bought and it's not really my thing. Your Gemini cheekpiece might need some modification to get the screws to line up. The holes are spaced 2cm apart from their centres and the slot is about 2.5cm.

image.jpeg.2ae0a74841b3b07863751b3e829aae11.jpegimage.jpeg.48a8a9b69952dff73bca28a63b784813.jpeg

On 18/05/2023 at 15:58, trshooter said:

I could 3D print you something for material and shipping cost? I've got what I think is a really early Grunig or more likely a custom folding cheekpiece hinge that wouldn't be too difficult to remake in plastic and would definitely hold up just fine. I can incorporate magnets and a torsion spring so it stays shut?

I’d be interested to see what you could do with printing a cheekpiece. I’ve managed to temporarily sort my cheekpiece but I’m also not totally happy with the shape of it, would like less material next to my jaw. Would you be able to drop me a PM?