Parts For Walther Bolt

Emma

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew .. I bet he's relieved about that!

I suspect if its not fouling the breech in some way, its OK. if its still easy to operate, doesnt get stuck and functions normally (eg no misfires) then at short range I think it unlikely that the scores are related to the bang on the end that the boly had.

Bolts are fairly tough things ... Its probably worth getting it checked out by a competent gunsmith before use at long range though ...

Well Chris I think that's got to be the best yet!

In future he should consider putting his bolt in a protective case when its not safely in the rifle, probably something rubber and then it might at least bounce when he drops it again!

I'm sure I can rustle up a bottle of wine - probably the next chance to see you will be at the NSRA air meeting in the New year :D

Its probably worth getting it checked out by a competent gunsmith before use at long range though ...

Does that mean if his scores are suffering at short range, he will be likely to throw the bolt at the target?

But if it is covered in a rubber sleeve it might ricochet with disastrous consequences.

To not be in control of one's bolt, wether that is going up or going down or in and out, is quiet serious.

One must always try to achieve good bolt control! :blink:

I think the ladder is a 'smoke screen' for some other infringement of bolt control!

Perhaps Emma and her 'freind' should write to Dear Deidre at The Sun, for advice on better bolt control :ph34r:

Hmm .. I have to disagree.

The 'Walther' bolt is relatively small, fits comfortably in the hand, and in use, can be controlled with light pressure from one or two fingers. The chances of anything truly dangerous happening with such a small bolt are minimal.

Now .. some heavy artillery comes equipped with quite large and serious bolts. Handled incorrectly these could indeed do you a nasty injury. When handling any such heavy objects always make sure at least two people have a firm grip on it at all times ....

one of the lads at the club just had his bolt extended; he shot it Monday night,

He said it was something to do with head............ space :blink:

Its probably worth getting it checked out by a competent gunsmith before use at long range though ...

Does that mean if his scores are suffering at short range, he will be likely to throw the bolt at the target?

But if it is covered in a rubber sleeve it might ricochet with disastrous consequences.

If he can't score at short range perhaps he should lower the lighting levels, particulary at the firing point.

Things can't be too bad some people don't get to even try short range scoring, having to be satisfied with long range sighting only.

Its normal to put O/T on off-topic posts in most fora. However ... on a forum I administrate [1] it has become the done thing to put O/T on ON-TOPIC posts, just so people can find the rare ones vaguely on topic :) Trying to keep shooters on topic is a bit like herding cats .. once you get one going in the right direction, the others head off over the hill !

[1] I decided 'administrate' was better than 'moderate' as I've tried moderating them and it can;t be done :o)

Perhaps before Emma replies we could have a competition to speculate on this which could be quite amusing?

The most basic answer could be that he keeps his bolt separate from the rifle for security, but in his pocket!!!, and locked himself out and was up the ladder trying to break back in to home when the bolt fell out :rolleyes:

Robert started it :P

Aren't you all enjoying it or are we starting to miss the target with this topic

We wouldn't want to injure someone ('s feelings or modesty) ;)

Yes I did start it and it makes it fun - perhaps Neil ought to move the thread to Light Hearted!

Try looking up the word BOLT in your Thesaurus - one of the verbs is very entertaining!