Wanted - Caravan at Bisley

RobinC

I'm looking for the possibility of a modern caravan to rent at Bisley, one with the added deck, on the new sites on Elcho road? I'd be looking for next year to rent for a year min, possibly two years?  

Any one have one they wish to rent out, or know of a contact?

I've not had much luck through the NRA!

email :-    robin.carter80@ntlworld.com

Have Fun

Robin

Edited by RobinC

Not much chance of that - they had to pay 5 years lease up front to develop the site ~£11k then buy a van under a certain age & pay to site deck it, legal fees for the licence, then for gas water elec.  More chance with the off grid sites. They cost between £1 & 1.5k pa, use ablutions, no running water but many have solar elecy systems. 

Hi Robin,

There's a Facebook group called 'Bisley Caravans to Rent'. Might be worth a look.

Paul

Thanks Phil, 

I know its a very rare chance, but if you don't ask............ just hoping someones not getting any use, and would rent, and as most seem empty most of the time!

We won't rough it, we'll continue PI' ing if we can't get any thing, that's if we even get any shooting dates next year!!!

I'll have a look Paul, thanks

Have Fun

Robin

There have been one or 2 of the "plastic palace" owners who have "sub-let" for a short period.  I'm not sure if that is permissible under their lease conditions though? Similarly, I don't think that they can be occupied "all year" - there were some mutterings about this maybe changing. 

You might also want to join the other main Facebook group - "Bisley Caravans" as there are quite a few of there with 'vans.  Some people occasionally go abroad for a year or so with work & are happy to sub-let.

On 22/08/2022 at 21:10, MIke Jenvey said:

There have been one or 2 of the "plastic palace" owners who have "sub-let" for a short period.  I'm not sure if that is permissible under their lease conditions though? Similarly, I don't think that they can be occupied "all year" - there were some mutterings about this maybe changing. 

You might also want to join the other main Facebook group - "Bisley Caravans" as there are quite a few of there with 'vans.  Some people occasionally go abroad for a year or so with work & are happy to sub-let.

Bisley Caravans is caravan owners only - yours -  the gate keeper!!