Anschutz Hammerhead Sight Extension - sold

trshooter

Anschutz Hammerhead Sight Extension still for sale - £50+pp

Fits Anschutz 19xx and 20xx foresight dovetails. Finish is a bit scuffed but works as intended.

Edited by trshooter

4 minutes ago, MIke Jenvey said:

Just to double-check please - what is the measurement on the flat part of the dovetail?  Mine is 10mm. Thanks!

Hi Mike, it’s designed to fit on the new 11mm dovetails, but it does also fit on Anschutz 18xx and older foresight “blocks”. The catch is that you can only mount a new 11m type foresight as the dovetail on the extension isn’t as tall as the old one type. 

The clamping bit is ~13mm at its widest, so can fit on basically anything (might need some windage adjustment) and the top of the dovetail is 10-11mm at its widest. The dovetail is only 2mm tall. Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, MIke Jenvey said:

Ah, I think in that case, due to the potential issue with the foresight, I will have to step down!

Thanks for all the extra information. 

Mike, if your barrel is marked "Anschutz Modell Match 54" or "Anschutz mod 1813 Super-Match", or is a stainless with a screw-on foresight block, the standard foresight tunnel won't fit the Hammershark. The Hammershark will fit the barrel, but the tunnel won't. 

Anschutz changed the foresight dovetail for the 19xx rifles (1987-88 time), to be the same 11mm as the receiver. The new dovetail is about the same width at the top, but the new one is much shallower, so compatibility is one way. 

As an aside 19/20xx foresights will sit a bit high on a 14/16/18xx barrel, high enough that one often needs a 4mm raiser to shoot at 100yds.

53 minutes ago, MIke Jenvey said:

Super-Match 1913 model......

Ah then it definitely fits your barrel and foresight! An old dovetail type foresight can’t be fitted onto a newer type dovetail so yours definitely must be the new one. 

Edited by trshooter

3 minutes ago, trshooter said:

Ah then it definitely fits your barrel and foresight!

Oh, really? In that case, yes please - will give it a whirl (subject to it fitting of course! 😉 ); please PM payment options & I will action accordingly. 

• trshooter changed the title to Anschutz Hammerhead Sight Extension - sold