Kowa TSN 823 with 20-60 zoom

jimrward

Recently on here I was asking for a scope similar to the above

i located one on FB marketplace and purchased it however as is usual with these scopes the paint goes yuk. The previous owner had started the process and not completed it

Given that I cannot find any info on what solvents and paints are harmless to the scope materials I have decided to sell on the scope given my original one suffered when I glued it with superglue

selling the above at what I paid for it, includes a green cover and carry strap 

£250 plus £20 postage

PM me for pics

Edited by jimrward

Good evening Jimrward

I have an TSN821 bought from a fellow club member that had the "sticky finish problem. I used methylated spirits, a little elbow grease and an old toothbrush for the fiddly bits. It now looks a businesslike black but of course you lose the branding stickers. The hardest bit was getting the sticky goo out of the rather posh green cover but that succumbed to the methys as well. I would imagine enamel paints as you used for plastic model kits would work well for a repaint as the naked body appears to be a sort of plastic material. I like mine black but I may contact Kowa to see if I can get some replacement branding stickers though, just to let everyone know it is a Kowa scope!

This may be helpful

Thanks all for the additional info, having wrecked my previous Kowa with the ingress of fumes from super glue clouding the internals. I have decided that I would rather sell this one on than experiment with possible solvents that may react with the plastic

someone else can take the chance or leave it as is