10m target pistol

Kylenella

Pity I just sold aFWB model 80 that would make the companion to your 300S. For a couple of hundred maybe look out for a 80 or 65. Consider FWB model 100 single stroke. Or a FAS 604 and get a 20th century one with a trigger stop but look out for cracks if it has the sharp corner as per video below. 

hopefully someone will have one. Clubs are the best places to find one.

Edited by Guest

Hi

I was recommended a FWB 80 or 100 but told to keep clear of the FWB 90.

Told that FWB 100 are rare and have no  chance of getting one. To be honest if it's not a PCP I would prefer an under lever or side lever.

They are all rare when you try to find one, cheap as chips when you want to get rid!

The 90 has electric trigger otherwise its mostly an 80.

The and I can't find one ?

Someone told me that the 90 had electric trigger  it keep well away. Don't know why. To be honest I would like the 100 as under lever but doesn't look like I will get omw. Other option is PCP but would like an old original first.

I have a FWB 100 that I will sell as I have too many pistols and only use it a few times a year. It has two grips, a large and medium both right hand. The original instruction and test target and a plastic pistol case. I live in West Oxfordshire.

The pistol is in good/average condition for it's age and is very accurate as you would expect an FWB to be, I shot it in the Oxfordshire and Civil Service postal competitions for a number of years and won medals etc with it. I now shoot more free pistol and black powder pistol so am happy to sell it for £450 

Stuart

Hi Dom

Thats ok, if you change your mind just let me know. The FWB 100/102/103 series are very different to the 65/80/90 pistols. the balance of the 100s is just forward of the trigger guard where the earlier series were around the top of the grip so you needed the additional weights FWB supplied fixed under the barrel in front of the trigger to balance the pistol. The sight line is also much lower on the 100s which is an added advantage. FWB still stock and supply parts for all of their pistols and they are not too expensive even when sent from Germany. My advice having shot both series in competitions is to wait and find a 100 series. 

There are other underleavers such as the Walther LPM1 which is as good as the FWB but much harder to find and even harder to find spare parts for in the UK. My favourite underleaver is a Pardini and for balance and shoot ability I rate them very highly. Again parts are hard to find I but a local gunsmith rebuilt my Pardini with washers and seals he had for other air guns so don't be too put off. They are often cheaper than the Wather and FWB pistols but every bit as good in balance, trigger, grip and sight picture. 

I have had two FAS pistols, a 6005 and a 605 and though they are good they are not in the same class as the others. I sold both of them as they were too under powered and often tore targets at 20 meters instead of nice clean holes. I soon got fed up and sold them which is unusual for me as I normally keep my old guns.

Keep looking, good pistols do come up and an SSP pistol will always hold its value so if you buy and do not like it there are buyers out there wanting it.

Stuart

I presume you mean 6004 and 604?

The 6004 is a cheaply made version of 604 when Chiappa took over. They halved the price and quality went the same way. The late 604 without trigger stop were already going that way.

I wouldn't use any ssp at 20 metres but a well maintained 604 from the 1990's will cut clean at 10m. 

PS that means they need maintaining and in my experience that means new seals every couple of years. 

Edited by Guest

Hi Dom

I have never seen one in competitions or at the clubs I belong to so I can't give any advice, only try it and see if you like it. I have heard they are very front heavy and that would not suit me. Pistols are different to rifles as the hand grip and balance of the pistol is such an important part of getting off a good shot as you are holding it at arms length with only one hand. You have an FWB rifle so you know what a good trigger feels like and I doubt the Baikal trigger is anywhere near as good but you could test that when you try the pistol. My advice would be to buy the best you can afford and go for the main producers, Steyr, Morini, Walther, FWB, Pardini. 

If you want my FWB I am willing to drive and meet you at the Motor Cycle Museum, Birmingham.

Stuart