Anschutz 54 Action with new stainless barrel

Bryan996

I'm guessing that the appeal for this might be limited however I've decided to sell one of my actions to help funds towards a new kitchen!

Its an Anschutz 54 action (was an 1813) that I had re barrelled in April 2016 by Robert Nibbs (system gemini) with a True Flite barrel I bought from Ryan at Intershoot. The headspace was set at 41 thou and this was part of a project where I had both my 1813 actions re barreled  by Robert. One to 41 thou for Lapua/RWS and one at 39 thou for Eley. The idea being to have identical actions that I could use with all ammo and have one for competitions and one for training. In reality I've stuck with one action as they both have different tunes with my staric tuner and it just ended up too complicated changing everything over, so it hasn't been used since February this year. It has only shot 5800 rounds and is effectively only just broken in.

I'm asking £1500 which returns me my costs and is the same as a new barreled action from Edinkillie, however this will come with a Grunig & Elmiger tube (worth £224), an Anschutz trigger shoe (£40) and 1000 rounds of matched Lapua Midas+ (£273). The cost of the barrel was £400, the action was £400 and it was £300 to have it fitted by Robert.

I've attached photos of the group testing at Eley, and if you're going by group size, the Lapua did perform slightly better than the Eley as I'd expected due to the headspace of 41. The 40 shot consolidated group for the Lapua was 16.0mm (each ten shot was 12.1, 13.1, 13.8 and 14.2). So it's a good performing barrel. I've also changed both firing pin springs and ejectors this year so it's all fresh.

One thing to note is that the leade engagement is very tight and if you close the bolt on a live and dont fire it it wont eject then round (you'll need to get something in there to pry it out gently), this is by design and exactly how Lilja set up their barrels.

I'm located in Surrey about 10 minutes from Bisley so if anyone wants to try it I can meet them at the Lord Roberts for a hour, any questions just ask or PM me.

Finally if it doesn't sell for the asking price I'll keep as a spare as planned and put the new oven on the credit card instead!

thanks Bryan

9.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Rob

It is still available. The barrel is 0.9 Inch (22.86mm) straight until the mounting for the tube where its machined down to 22mm for the Grunig tube.

hope this helps,

Bryan

Cheers Bryan,

Interesting......

Thanks for the response....cogs turning!  Was seeking a 22mm ‘Standard’ rifle barrel & action....but like what you & Robert have done.  Have made errors in the past with a ‘heavy barrel’.  I will give it some honest thought.

Thanks again.

Rob

Not a problem, pm me if you're interested.

If you're considering a new barrel and don't want to take a gamble on how accurate it might be then this is for you!

p.s. I've shot 598 at Bisley a year ago with this barrel and ammo so I know it works.

IMG_2722.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...