M22 And/or 1" Elements

Neilj62

Does anyone know of someone who can make plastic foresight elements to order? I am trying to source some 1" and probably 22mm ones as well with very fine ring thickness I did have a supplier a while ago but he seems to have gone off Radar of late. I understand that there are some challenges in making them due to the plastic distorting when the hole is cut in the centre. But surely I can't be the only person in the shooting world who wants an element with a thin ring (can I?)

The ones I am using at the moment are old imperial sizes and have a 20Thou ring on them (which is about 0.5mm I believe)

Maybe there is someone out there who can help, as I am loathed to buy a whole load of High Ends at about £20 each until I have established exactly what size I want (and looking at the Centra catalogue the thinnest ring the make is 1mm - or about 40Thou in my language)

Any ideas great fully accepted ?

The old 1" type are regularly on ebay. Bit of pot luck with the sizes though.

I appreciate they are more expensive, but a variable foresight may be your answer, but you would have to check if they go down to the thin line you are seeking.

The thinnest iris has a 1.2mm ring thickness and the thinnest high end glass element is 1.0mm (off the top of my head)

There was a guy on ebay making custom sizes to order, not sure if he is still on there.

I find 1.0mm leaves the ring very pale, amd I struggle with the contrast between the ring and the target. Everyone has different perception of course.