5.6 Or 5.7Mm Highend For 22Mm Foresight

tim g

I'm afraid I don't have one spare but you may be interested to know that I ended up with these dimensions when I recently changed to Centra High Ends from a variable foresight. I did this to obtain a thinner ring. I experimented, meaning I had to buy several High Ends, and concluded that 5.6 or 5.7 with either a 1.3 or 1.2 ring was best for me. You may like to ponder the ring thickness question because that will also have to be specified. Finally, are you using an eagle eye as I do? Mine is 0.5. I don't, of course, shoot under ISSF rules. If you are not using an eagle eye, do you really need these larger apertures? Mine had to be special order from Germany and they took a long time to arrive. Sorry if all this is irrelevant or unwanted.

I'm afraid I don't have one spare but you may be interested to know that I ended up with these dimensions when I recently changed to Centra High Ends from a variable foresight. I did this to obtain a thinner ring. I experimented, meaning I had to buy several High Ends, and concluded that 5.6 or 5.7 with either a 1.3 or 1.2 ring was best for me. You may like to ponder the ring thickness question because that will also have to be specified. Finally, are you using an eagle eye as I do? Mine is 0.5. I don't, of course, shoot under ISSF rules. If you are not using an eagle eye, do you really need these larger apertures? Mine had to be special order from Germany and they took a long time to arrive. Sorry if all this is irrelevant or unwanted.

Hi, cheers - v. useful to know.

Yes, i currently use a 0.3x Eagle Eye with a 4.8mm High End. I would like to try an 0.75x Eagle Eye and corresponding HighEnd:

My prescription lens (-6.75) makes things appear a lot smaller than they would if wearing contact lenses. The 0.3x pretty much normalises this, and has helped my scores improve, now i am wondering if a higher magnification may be even more beneficial....... all good fun :)

5.6 , 5.7! be careful Tim G you dont slip and fall into the High End, although at that size, you would just fall through. WOW I didnt know they made them that big.

Do you use a tube? If you dont, but decided to use one, I shudder to think what hole size you would require.

Jonty

Yes, I have a 5.7 x 1.4mm M22 Hi-End. Since finding a glass iris last year it's surplus to requirements. £8 including postage.

• 2 weeks later...