Color Coding Gehmann Rearsight?!

Anschutzfan

Ok wierd question i know - but i think i saw a message on here about someone color coding a Gehmann 590 rearsight. Does anyone know who it was? have done a search but no luck.

While i am stuck at home with an iffy back i may have volunteered for too many time filling jobs, and the mention of this one has been greeted with too much enthusiasm to get out of it and would like to ask if it worked out ok and what they used.

Rgds and thanks

al

morning Al

Yes it came out very well, it was a test to see if I could spray a Compact 590 Gehmann as my wife who you will probably have met in the Eastern region is having a new rifle soon (in subtle purple!) and would like the sights the same!

I stripped it to the casting, masked the threads and holes and did a coat of primer and a coat of silver on the one I did. I'f (when!)I do any more I won't bother with the primer, the matt black is Ok to spray over, and the primer made the paint thickness a bit too thick where the clamps fitted. I used ordinary rattle cans.

It looks good (original) in silver, but I think purple will be a bit bling, but that's what the lady want's and when they are happy they shoot well! I'm really going to go OTT bling on this one, I'll get the sides of the casting onto the buffer and polish to a high shine and just spray the rest of the frame metalic purple! It will wind everyone else up, but she'll love it!

On the serious side these are a cracking sight, compact, precise, and when stripped the build quality is superb, and they are cheap, we both do air, .22, nra fullbore, and 300 mt, we have a lot of sights including some silly expensive ones and I rank these as the best.

Have fun and good shooting,

Robin

Tim thanks for the pointer and Robin thanks for the info.

Sounds like a job i can do and the insight means i should get it right first time, especially the primer info - without the heads up i would have used it.

And i must agree it is a cracking sight, i may well get one for myself, but without 'blinging' it up.

Again many thanks and best regards

al