4Mm Anschutz Front Sight Riser Block

Anschutzfan

Hi - does anyone have an Anschutz fitting - (for block mounted foresights) 4mm front sight riser block for sale. I need one to align a newer design sight on an older rifle, its shooting too high at the moment and apparently a 4mm block is the fix for the problem.

Thanks and regards

Al

I'm not sure that Anschutz, Centre, or the other usual names make a 4mm block for a Match 54 barrel. You might be able to fit a 1913 4mm block with a little filing though. There is the chap on eBay that makes and sells custom blocks. Perhaps he would do a 4mm?

There is the chap on eBay

As a club we've bought from him and he does seem flexible in the work he would do.

I imagine to be of such low profile, the raiser would need to extend beyond (either in front or behind) the existing foresight mount to allow a single clamp screw there, rather than have the clamp screws (in the particular design from eBay) running on top of the existing mount which would probably push it too high. The eBay ones are a 'close' fit anyway, so it should only need a nip on a single screw to secure it.

Alternatively, an 8mm on the front and a 4mm on the back - certainly if only to test the fix.

H.

Edited by Huey

eBay item 201439149215 might give you some pointers (I have no connection other that as stated above, if indeed it is the same seller). Note minimum riser height stated as 6mm on Match 54 foresights, but I would suggest you contact the seller to discuss something along the lines I described above.

The grubscrews in your Euro version may interfere with the screws/holes in the top face of your '54 dovetail - just a thought.

Give andy Lawrence a shout... He done sight raisers

Michelle, how long did you live in Zummerzet. Oiy be thinking you turned turnip.

Dont forget Tim, there are sites on the web where you can translate languages, not sure about dialects though.

Be off with ya now.

J

Andy Lawrence made me an 8mm block so a 14 series foresight could fit onto a 19 series dovetail - sounds like you need the other way around and half the thickness...which cold be a problem.

As Huey says, an 8mm raiser at the foresight and a 4mm for the rearsight might be best solution.

K.

Give andy Lawrence a shout... He done sight raisers

Michelle, how long did you live in Zummerzet. Oiy be thinking you turned turnip.

Dont forget Tim, there are sites on the web where you can translate languages, not sure about dialects though.

Be off with ya now.

J

bl00dy autocorrect!

I have to say, normally a new (19xx) foresight is much taller than an old (14-18xx) foresight, so will sit much higher on an barrel, so you need a raiser under the rearsight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just spotted this if you haven't sorted your issue yet.

Looks like these work by using the actual accessory's clamp, allowing a reduced depth by not requiring clamp bolts in the spacer itself; just a slit to allow movement, similar to what I described earlier.

[i have no connection with the seller]

"Alloy construction", huh? Hmm, aluminium alloy, ferrous alloy, titanium alloy... :blink: