Iris Sight For An Anschutz 1413

leviticus49

I have been advised to obtain an iris sight for the above rifle. Can anyone give me an idea as to cost (second hand) please?

It depends on how new and fancy you want. A few older iris eyepieces (with combined colour filters) were advertised for £15 each, and newer fancier ones for up to £100 (about 2/3rd of new). If you are just looking for an variable aperture, with no filters, polarisers, or optics, the new prices start at about £40.

You should not need to specify it's for a 1413 as all Anschutz rearsights have the same thread, as do most other German sights.

Do I detect that your issue is with not being able to see the sight diagram (The black bull area) very well, and the suggestion to you was that something to magnify the diagram may help?

If I am correct, you may be wanting what is now called a sight correction lens, or as we used to say a magnifier' on the rear sight. These are products that you can 'zoom' in and out to improve your sight picture (If you know what I mean)

As Tim says, the choices of what you can get in a rear sight screw in eyepiece are endless, and you need to know exactly what product you are wanting, or you will end up with something you did'nt want.

Did you know, there are more people live in Yorkshire than there are in Scotland! Viva la Yorkie Home Rule. Me an Ms Sturgean have a plan.

You South Yorks heathens will need to apply for a Special Dispensation when Wakefield becomes the new London.

Jonty

Hi Jonty

Nowt wrong with my sight, just have hit a plateau and looking for means to improve. Us heathens have to stick together.

Hi Jonty

Nowt wrong with my sight, just have hit a plateau and looking for means to improve. Us heathens have to stick together.

Correct. Hope you find the right thing.

Regards

Jonty

• 2 weeks later...