Bleeker Wooden Stock

meltoc

What is a Bleeker stock, photos posted would be a help, put in a search and got a dinning room table :D

Nah, Its the way they teach the young un's in skool nowadays, spell it as it sounds, just dont put it on eBay spelling it like that as you won't get many 'viewers and bidders'!

Jonty

In German, I'm reliably informed that the first vowel in a dipthong is silent. Blieker would be said as Bleeker.

Surely Tim - Bleiker. And the "ei" is pronounced like our word "eye".

For "bleeker" the Germans would spell it "Blieker" - "ie" to them is like our "ee".

Simplez!

Edited by chunter177

Sticking my neck out, I think Bleiker is renowned for his barrel and actions, not his stocks. Is there anyone on here who thinks they are the bees knees? All Bleikers seem to be stuck into something else, me included. A bit like the Triton motorbike, Triumph engine bunged into a Norton frame. best of both worlds.

Jonts

Jonty,

Google Sergei Kamenski. He's not doing too badly with a Bleiker woodstock, as is Vitali Bubnovitch. Ole Kristian Bryhn won a medal or too before switching to a Bleiker alu. Vebjorn Berg shot a few cracking finals with one too.

Jonty,

Google Sergei Kamenski. He's not doing too badly with a Bleiker woodstock, as is Vitali Bubnovitch. Ole Kristian Bryhn won a medal or too before switching to a Bleiker alu. Vebjorn Berg shot a few cracking finals with one too.

Personal choice Tim, probably why we have Gemini's.

Harking back to what I said a short while ago, and others commented, some people can shoot like hell with a BSA Martini! I dont dispute some have achieved great results with the Bleiker wooden stock, but they would probably have done the same with a piece of 4X2 machined to take an action, if you know what I mean!

There is a guy at our club, only in his 30's who for personal reasons has only shot once or maybe twice a year. When he can get down to the club, he invariably shoots a 99 then has to go. Shoots with a 1913 in a wood stock. I finally managed to shoot a 93 on a comp card this week, THREE eights and a nine. Maybe clay pigeon is calling? (But not yet) Think I might plane up a bit of 4x2 tomorrow.

What work is required to enable a Bleiker to accept a different make barrel and action? G&E's will take other actions, but my Gemini will only take a Bleiker.

I know Squishy gave some guidance about this, but if I remember correctly, it was the height of the trigger in situ that was the problem.

Jonty

J