Bleiker In Gemini Stock

meltoc

I may regret this but.....,

Having just been to rws i suspect that i may need a new barrel. 15.4 30 shot consolidated (best)

Though only two batches to select from from about36.

I have been quoted 650 for a new one, if i take it to bleiker a three day turnaround. I dont have fhe time to take rifle to switzerland for this. Ran out of leVe this year. So it would sit in the cabinet until i could get this done.

Also included bleiker wooden stock, sights - handstock. So complete set up. Also bolt insert for eley ammo.

Surface rust on sight rail, ejector temperamental.

Put a new barrel on jump the long wait.

So price i paid 2800, plus vat at 20% + 120 for insert. I have had it for 3 months ish.

Can supply batch test print outs.

Stock and barrel alone new 5000

For you £3300

Pm for pictures.

meltoc,

sounds like you've made your mind up but I suggest not using RWS ammo as it is too fast - occasionaly going supersonic. We won't use it in our Bleikers as we've experienced this every time we try it and actually seen the result of a supersonic shot during testing at Eley. It seems to work for other barrels but we find it does not suit Bleikers.

I'm using centre X or Midas with good results - barrel now 9 years old circa 8k round pa.

Not sure a dodgy ejector is a good selling point - I've had 3 on mine and they do play up (wear) my last one lasted 6 years though.

good shooting

Neil

I suggest not using RWS ammo as it is too fast - occasionaly going supersonic. We won't use it in our Bleikers as we've experienced this every time we try it and actually seen the result of a supersonic shot during testing at Eley. It seems to work for other barrels but we find it does not suit Bleikers.

I find this comment extremely interesting and wonder if you could kindly elaborate upon it? I have some R50 ammo that batch tested brilliantly at Bisley, in the cast iron clamp, but it seems to throw disconcerting high shots from time to time when shot at 25 yards prone. This is noticeable for the first shot with a newly cleaned barrel, and also as I go round a multi bull card even after a number of fouling shots. I don't think it is entirely the result of my own poor shooting or poor zeroing, though I could be wrong of course. Did your RWS shoot high and was it R50 ammo? My barrel is from a standard Anschutz 1813 rifle.

I'm only commenting on what I've seen in our Bleikers - loud shots going high - saw this also when using R50 as a control ammo at Eley - noticeably loud and shot went high out of group.

I don't see this problem with any other ammo I use and I now use Lapua centre x mostly

I've seen RWS used to great success by others - I'm not knocking the ammo - it just doesn't seem to work for us.

I only offer this info as Meltoc may want to give his barrel another chance...

Edited by skirmisher

Tufty

An honest pitch.

I could have said it was the biscuits but i would not be telling the truth.

Feel free to re word it for me.

I guess if it does not sell i will make the trip next year...

Or if changing to eley does the trick ill keep using it.

If you are free Meltoc on the weekend of the 6th-7th June Lapua are batch testing during the 50m British Champs at Bisley LRC.....